mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "YAMAHA ‘Reface’ Countdown … 6-24-15 !"

Page 1 of 5
Posted on: June 19, 2015 @ 05:12 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

YAMAHA REFACE Countdown

Yes ! 

Finally something new, and interesting from YAMAHA is coming very soon.

But, what is it ?  Any guesses ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2015 @ 09:25 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
muziksculp - 19 June 2015 05:12 PM

YAMAHA REFACE Countdown

Yes. It’s a prank being played on Yamaha. It’s a book subtitled “The Resurrection of Joan Rivers.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2015 @ 11:46 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
muziksculp - 19 June 2015 05:12 PM

YAMAHA REFACE Countdown

Yes ! 

Finally something new, and interesting from YAMAHA is coming very soon.

If you play the “sneak preview”, the last few seconds is “it is almost a pipe dream to own a CS 80”.

Here’s SoundonSounds review of the Yamaha CS 80…

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1995_articles/jul95/yamahacs80.html

Edited: Follow-up after pruning CS80 and GX1 reviews

WILD-ASSED GUESS FEATURE SET
- A light-weight, portable analogue synthesizer “Yamaha CS80 Reface”
- Competing in Access Virus, Korg Retro Analogue marketspace at $1000-$2000 street price?
- Synth-/semi- weighted keyboard design (25 key? 37 key?, 49 key?, 61 key?)
- Ribbon control & ring modulation?
- Polyphonic aftertouch?
- “Over-the-Top” analogue modulation feature set?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2015 @ 09:31 AM
padking
Total Posts:  70
Joined  01-05-2011

There all going backward ! Something new you say ???

Padking

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2015 @ 01:03 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

Here is my wild guess regarding YAMAHA’s new products plan for 2015 :

Reface : A sophisticated analog, and other synthesis modeling system, that re-introduces their Vintage Synths of the 70’s and 80’s into a new System, offering flexibility, and mobility. Details will be revealed soon.

Montage :  YAMAHA’s Post-Motif Workstation.  With a completely new engine, concept, design, tighter integration with Cubase/Nuendo.  (Again, this is a very wild guess.)

This is imho. a very wise move, and good approach from YAMAHA.  Now they will have a Flexible Synth product, and a new Workstation. More choices, and more flexibility. Which the Motif Line did not offer.

Exciting Times Ahead !

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2015 @ 04:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muziksculp - 22 June 2015 01:03 PM

Here is my wild guess regarding YAMAHA’s new products plan for 2015 :
[...]
Montage :  YAMAHA’s Post-Motif Workstation.  With a completely new engine, concept, design, tighter integration with Cubase/Nuendo.  (Again, this is a very wild guess.)[...]

Whatever its architecture, I agree that Montage could be a successor to Motif. I previously noted the “Mo” connection:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/474016/P30/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 02:49 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

hmmm .... I find the lack of posts/discussion on this topic a bit strange on this forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 03:12 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

Maybe it’s the new, bigger, and better Motif X_ (you fill in the blank) with 10 synth engines surpassing the Kronos with only 9.

One could only hope!!!

Hey, I adore my ES and XS, but I’m always looking for all of the manufacturers to push each other for the betterment of their products for us.

I have a Kronos and think that it is a fine keyboard, but put that mentality into a Motif and this place will go nuts.  Something about that Yamaha sound versus Korg.  Both sound fine, but the Motif, in my opinion, has a bit more warmth and is easier to program and understand.  I still play an old Roland XP-60 that with it’s many expansion boards offers almost all that I need for playing live and programming.  Again, obviously, it’s a lot easier to program than the Kronos.  I bought the Kronos because I had to have one and I am somewhat of a gearhog.  I just like keyboards, period.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 03:31 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
KMKKEYS - 23 June 2015 03:12 PM

Maybe it’s the new, bigger, and better Motif X_ (you fill in the blank) with 10 synth engines surpassing the Kronos with only 9.

One could only hope!!!

Hey, I adore my ES and XS, but I’m always looking for all of the manufacturers to push each other for the betterment of their products for us.

I have a Kronos and think that it is a fine keyboard, but put that mentality into a Motif and this place will go nuts.  Something about that Yamaha sound versus Korg.  Both sound fine, but the Motif, in my opinion, has a bit more warmth and is easier to program and understand.  I still play an old Roland XP-60 that with it’s many expansion boards offers almost all that I need for playing live and programming.  Again, obviously, it’s a lot easier to program than the Kronos.  I bought the Kronos because I had to have one and I am somewhat of a gearhog.  I just like keyboards, period.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Kenny

No, it’s not the next YAMAHA Workstation, or next generation Motif.

It’s a new Synth, or Synth System.

I think the next generation Workstation will be named ‘Montage’, and will be released later this year.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 05:17 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
KMKKEYS - 23 June 2015 03:12 PM

I just like keyboards, period.

Nothing wrong with that. I’ve always found it somewhat calming to be among a sea of black and white keys. But in all fairness we should include the rack gear as well. Big punch in a little box. Yeah, it’s all good stuff.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 05:30 PM
Hamad
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-02-2013

If Yamaha didn’t announce about new workstation keyboard this year it will be a strange thing .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 06:46 PM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

I don’t have many rack synths lately.  I sold several to include a Proteus, Ensoniq Mirage, one of my two D-550’s, a Roland P-330 (which I am still kicking myself in the rear), and a Kurzweil Micro-Piano.

I still have a Roland JV-880, Roland D-550, Roland U-220, a Kawai rack synth, and a Korg M1R.  I don’t know why I kept some of these, but they come in handy occasionally.  The internal battery on the U-220 died, and upon changing it, I lost all of the sounds also. (If anyone has an idea where to get the original sounds and the method to load them, I would appreciate the info)

Some of the other keyboards also include a Kurzweil K-2600, an old Crumar T-3 organ that works fine, but I’m not sure it really sounds like an organ (got it around 1974), a Roland D-50, of course the Motifs, and a couple Ensoniq keyboards that are also quite old.

I wish I now would have kept some of the others that I got rid of.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 10:41 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
KMKKEYS - 23 June 2015 06:46 PM

I wish I now would have kept some of the others that I got rid of.

I’m keeping it all til I hit the grave. But I will say the maintenance is beginning to take it’s toll. Very time consuming.

Your U-220 needs a Sysex restore file, there’s one at the MidOx Forum and likely instructions to transfer it as well. I’m a Mac and don’t use PC’s but it should be pretty straight forward. You’ll need an interface for the dump, I’ve had good success with the Midisport Uno. It should be a snap.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 11:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
KMKKEYS - 23 June 2015 06:46 PM

[...]The internal battery on the U-220 died, and upon changing it, I lost all of the sounds also. (If anyone has an idea where to get the original sounds and the method to load them, I would appreciate the info)[...]

I’ve got a U-220 myself. After replacing the battery, before loading the factory presets, it’s sometimes best to initialize.

See http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/roland-u-220-initializing-u-220-restoring-factory-settings/
--- and ---
http://www.rolandus.com/support/general_apps_tools/6291

The above and/or what stoneb3 suggested should get things working for you. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2015 @ 11:43 AM
my03
Total Posts:  38
Joined  12-01-2014

Looking at the videos, the keys seems to be mini-versions. Hopefully that is not the case.

Also, if by any chance there is “iPad” involved in these new machines, i’m seriously going to vomit.

C’mon, give us full-size keys and don’t make it iOS editing only (i.e constrain 70% of the population from editing the thing...)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2015 @ 12:16 PM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

5pinDIN

Thank you very much.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 5

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Reasonable behavior?
Next Topic:

Chris Squire ››