mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Who is Jesus survey, please help"

Page 2 of 4
Posted on: July 02, 2015 @ 09:31 PM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

To everyone...I’m am sorry for posting my beliefs about Jesus. I did not mean to start any trouble. I just have been facing much hatred from atheist, agnostics and Christian haters. I really don’t understand why. I come from a background of a loving family steeped in love for God and especially my fellow man. Christians risk their lives in countries all over the world feeding the hungry and clothing the poor. Also, donating services in countries with diseases. Our laws in this country are based on some of the Ten commandments. 
I have been physically threatened for my beliefs. I had a good guitar player friend, that told me one night, while on a gig, that all Christians should be killed and/or removed from the face of the earth. I respectfully told him that I could no longer play in a band with someone who thinks that way. There is a war on Christianity right now. I will say no more. However Psycobabble is full of hate toward all Christians. In my opinion, narrow minded. Once again I apologize to everyone for being part of the debate on this forum.
From now on Music only topics.
God bless to everyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2015 @ 11:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
JLM - 02 July 2015 09:31 PM

To everyone...I’m am sorry for posting my beliefs about Jesus. I did not mean to start any trouble. I just have been facing much hatred from atheist, agnostics and Christian haters. I really don’t understand why. I come from a background of a loving family steeped in love for God and especially my fellow man. Christians risk their lives in countries all over the world feeding the hungry and clothing the poor. Also, donating services in countries with diseases. Our laws in this country are based on some of the Ten commandments. 
I have been physically threatened for my beliefs. I had a good guitar player friend, that told me one night, while on a gig, that all Christians should be killed and/or removed from the face of the earth. I respectfully told him that I could no longer play in a band with someone who thinks that way. There is a war on Christianity right now. I will say no more. However Psycobabble is full of hate toward all Christians. In my opinion, narrow minded. Once again I apologize to everyone for being part of the debate on this forum.
From now on Music only topics.
God bless to everyone.

JLM, you might have noticed that my initial posts didn’t refer to a specific religion, nor to a specific poster. However, since you keep bringing up your own particular faith and how followers of it are being hated, I’m going to refer you to something specific.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
Read the section on Pride.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:29 AM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

@Babble....I thought you were removing yourself from this forum.
I guess that was just ineffective manipulation. Bottom line is I have a belief in God. If you or anyone else DOES NOT like it… it’s your problem.
It’s a free country, just don’t read it. It’s that simple. My response was to the person that asked my opinion. If you or Motifator don’t like the question that was asked, then change the rules on the site. MO LOUNGE IS ANY SUBJECT (change the rules) I didn’t post the question.
Very interesting though, how you jump in on a topic that you personally hate. That is Jesus. So, who is really butting in? You are a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your a forum troll looking for trouble. My suggestion to you is learn how to speak in public, with out using profanity. Please, as you stated, remove yourself from this site, if you feel the need to use language, that might offend other people. Last but not least GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:34 AM
icarus800
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-13-2011

JLM you have nothing to apologize for. You are allowed to express that Jesus is your Lord and Savior. If people think you are guilty of Pride and believe that you are shoving your beliefs down their throats then that is their misinterpretation and furthermore is something they alone must wrestle with. Christians do not beat people over the head with their bibles, they are to be witnesses to the Word of God and share His teachings. God gave us the free will to accept Him or not. Simple. JLM I am sorry about those to show so much hate towards you. This is a fallen world, so you must be strong in your faith as I am in mine. God Bless.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:43 AM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

@icarus800...Thank you for the support!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 09:13 AM
3nglenn
Total Posts:  129
Joined  04-17-2010

Wow. The previous hateful posts are… just sad. But remember this…

There are no atheists is a foxhole. Nuff said… G.P.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 09:26 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JLM - 03 July 2015 01:29 AM

[...]My response was to the person that asked my opinion. If you or Motifator don’t like the question that was asked, then change the rules on the site. MO LOUNGE IS ANY SUBJECT (change the rules) I didn’t post the question. [...]

The OP asked for your response to be made elsewhere. If you had acted as requested, this entire discussion wouldn’t have occurred.

Perhaps you’re detecting animus because others are tired of hearing how a particular way is the best/only way. That attitude is completely disrespectful to those who don’t share your beliefs.

Throughout the centuries, evil has been perpetrated in the name of a belief, typically against those of a different one. Often at the root of such behavior is a “holier than thou” mindset, which is precisely what the sin of Pride is all about.

You are guilty of Pride if you think that your religion, morality, ethics, deeds, etc., are superior to others, especially if you express those thoughts publicly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 09:38 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
5pinDIN - 03 July 2015 09:26 AM

The OP asked for your response to be made elsewhere. If you had acted as requested, this entire discussion wouldn’t have occurred.

To my mind, this is the most salient and most sensible point made in this thread.

I’m not going to mention my religion.

Why?

Because it’s nobodies business.

Why?

Because I know people don’t like talking about it and there’s a good chance that there will be people who are opposed to it.

It also does not belong on a keyboard forum, just in the same way that I don’t expect to be able to set up my keyboard rig and step on some funk in the middle of The Edicule of the Holy Sepulchre or at the Kaaba during Hajj

I just filled out the survey because I think the OP deserves the respect.

I’m in London, also ... to add more of a world perspective to proceedings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 09:58 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
3nglenn - 03 July 2015 09:13 AM

Wow. The previous hateful posts are… just sad. But remember this…

There are no atheists is a foxhole. Nuff said… G.P.

Since you brought up the topic of war…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_pacifism

There would be fewer foxholes needed if more people who claim to be believers actually followed pacifist teachings. Sadly, there’s plenty of hypocrisy, making reality quite different than lip service.

Many atheists are pacifists. Of those who wound up in foxholes, there doesn’t appear to be any hard data on the number of instantaneous conversions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 10:16 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
philwoodmusic - 03 July 2015 09:38 AM

[...]I’m not going to mention my religion.

Why?

Because it’s nobodies business.

Why?

Because I know people don’t like talking about it and there’s a good chance that there will be people who are opposed to it.[...].

I think that’s appropriate, especially given some of what’s been expressed here.

While I was brought up under a particular faith, it’s hopefully obvious by now that I currently don’t follow any religion. Some of what was posted in this thread has been a prime example of why I have no “faith” in religion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 10:24 AM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

5Pin, I love you no matter who you are and what you believe in or not.

If you were a fragrance, I would bathe in you! (fnarrr fnarrr)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 10:54 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
philwoodmusic - 03 July 2015 10:24 AM

5Pin, I love you no matter who you are and what you believe in or not.

If you were a fragrance, I would bathe in you! (fnarrr fnarrr)

Well, I don’t know if I’d go that far.  :-)

I also like and respect you, Phil, and I certainly don’t care what your religion is/isn’t - it’s not relevant to keyboards, music, or anything else Motifator should be about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 11:44 AM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

I posted an apology and that wasn’t good enough for Babble.
So, you continue to post hate and I’ll post facts.
It’s truly too bad that people can not converse about things, without spewing hatred
or purposely offending some one.
There are Christians in all most all modern civilized counties. So, Babble your statement
doesnt hold water. Yes Chritians volunteer their services in other countries along side of
Atheist, Budist and people of many other religions. so what’s your point? All I originally stated was…
My belief in Jesus and that I am concerned about the hatred toward Christians. You proved my point
wirh your psycho hatred Babble. If your offended by the thought of family’s
Getting together and going to church, singing and praising God, then I truly pitty you. Who’s the shallow
person. You accused me of being Racist, based totally on the fact I’m Christian. How narrow minded.
I am a professional Jazz musician and have been playing with people of all colors.
Also, I have many, many African American friends who are devout Chritians.

There are some countries, where it is dangerous if your are a Christian.
Iran and North Korea, just to mention a couple. Christians are being beheaded by ISIS
In the Middle East, by the hundreds. Men women and children beheaded, because they are Christian.

How many hypocrites are there out there, who celebrate Christmas?
You change the name to Happy Holidays in order for you to take off work or celebrate
with Family. Christmas and Easter have always been Christian religious holidays.
My family celebrates Christmas!!!

How people when in utter distress, or life threatening situations say God Help Me?

My advice to all of you people so offended by Jesus, next time your on a forum and
you see the title “Who Is Jesus”, just don’t enter.
I guess if I had started a topic about Miley Cyruss, we would be all down and good huh???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 12:37 PM
icarus800
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-13-2011

JLM never stated that he was better than everyone else because of his religion. His love for the Lord should be respected. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this hate speech is unwarranted. Christians believe in one true God, but that is not a reflection of Hubris, rather it is a testament to their unwavering faith in a fallen world. Any other interpretation is out of either fear or ignorance of the Christian faith, nothing else. This thread proves the incessant attacks that Christians face each and every day. There is controversy because people create controversy, not by JLM for proclaiming his faith, but by people like 5pinDIN and Psychobabble all because they think that JLM is better than they or trying to force his beliefs on them. 5pinDIN stated that he normally does not post on Mo Lounge....now I know why. Trying to tear down people’s faith with his subtle approach is sad. This is what Pride is about. Just leave JLM alone with his faith. The more hate speech that is written, the more ignorance of Christian faith will be stated, and the need to defend my and JLM’s faith. This paragraph was not typed out of Pride, but of unbridled faith and love for the Lord.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:08 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013
icarus800 - 03 July 2015 12:37 PM

JLM never stated that he was better than everyone else because of his religion. His love for the Lord should be respected. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this hate speech is unwarranted. Christians believe in one true God, but that is not a reflection of Hubris, rather it is a testament to their unwavering faith in a fallen world. Any other interpretation is out of either fear or ignorance of the Christian faith, nothing else. This thread proves the incessant attacks that Christians face each and every day. There is controversy because people create controversy, not by JLM for proclaiming his faith, but by people like 5pinDIN and Psychobabble all because they think that JLM is better than they or trying to force his beliefs on them. 5pinDIN stated that he normally does not post on Mo Lounge....now I know why. Trying to tear down people’s faith with his subtle approach is sad. This is what Pride is about. Just leave JLM alone with his faith. The more hate speech that is written, the more ignorance of Christian faith will be stated, and the need to defend my and JLM’s faith. This paragraph was not typed out of Pride, but of unbridled faith and love for the Lord.

What they are saying is that religion of any kind shouldn’t be on a keyboard forum and given that I highly doubt you’d interrupt a church service to talk about your Motif, in fairness to everybody of any belief here, the opposite shouldn’t happen here, especially when a link was provided for you all to share your views anyway.

I filled it out, did anyone else?

Whist I can’t condone psychobabble’s initial posts, because of their language, I’m pretty sure through reading them, that most of the hate you are talking about is aimed at people and not their religion.

There is absolutely no hate or tearing down of people’s faith in anything 5PinDin has written. 

In actual fact, if you really want to judge 5pinDin then it’s very easy to see that despite having no faith (if that is a crime), he acts in a very christian way on this site by selflessly helping people out, a lot.

He also exercises tolerance and forgiveness as part of that.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FC3A Pedal vs FC3
Next Topic:

Shop number 800-752-2780 disconnected? ››