mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transporting MO8"

Posted on: May 31, 2015 @ 03:54 PM
Aaronjw
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-15-2009

I’m keyboardist for a progressive/power metal group.  I’ve been playing for a while using my 76 key Roland VR-700 on bottom, and my Yamaha MX61 on top.  It’s a decent setup, but the Roland isn’t really ideal for the genre (we use no Hammond sounds), and the MX is pretty limited in sound customization options, even with the Melas voice editor.  I also recently bought a Nord Lead which I’d like to bring to gigs.  So, I’ve been considering getting my Yamaha MO8 back out, using it as my bottom keyboard and the Nord as my top.  Unfortunately, my car is a 2 door Solara, and my Roland in its gig bag just barely fits, so transporting the MO will be… a challenge, to say the least.  I own a hardshell case, but there is absolutely no way to fit it in my car.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I don’t have a gig bag for an 88 key, and I’m not sure how well one would hold up to the weight (about 46 pounds).  Is there a gig bag that you’d say is up to the job?  Or are my only options to either keep playing my 76 key or buy a new car?

I’ve been considering trying to sell the MO8 and buy a 76 key Motif XS or XF, which would presumably fit in the gig bag I haul my Roland in (and therefore, my car), but I don’t have a lot of income right now for something I’ve been living without for the last year of playing with this band, even if I could sell the MO and its case.

Thoughts?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2015 @ 08:18 PM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

I have a MOX8 which is much lighter than the MO8.
I use a gig bag and it’s work fine. I have an Acura RDX and it fits fine across the back seat.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2015 @ 04:29 PM
Aaronjw
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-15-2009

What brand gig bag do you use?  I want to make sure I don’t get something that’s way oversized (designed to fit a Yamaha or Korg flagship keyboard), or something with seams that’ll tear after half a dozen gigs or rehearsals.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sending Performance Parts as separate channels
Next Topic:

Controlling Motif ES6 ››