mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance output muddled"

Posted on: May 24, 2015 @ 12:37 AM
Magystik
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-20-2014

I have been recording Motif XF8 output to Logic on a mac for several years as a hobbyist. I output each of the four channels to a Logic track, then mix.  I’m trying to make the transition to professional and I seem to have some difficulty getting the sort of separation of sounds I hear on professional electronic masters.  I know some if not most of the process is in the mix and in the mastering, but it seems like some of the Motif Performance sounds come out too much in the same frequency levels, giving them a muddled sound.  I know the Motif is an arranger keyboard, with the performance samples not tweaked in the same way they might be in the professional studio, but I wonder if I’m missing some essential step in the manipulation of sounds.  I’m writing laid back melodic instrumentals, and I wish that Yamaha would have given this genre more attention.  Everything sounds a little messy to me, and I wonder if I need to tweak some of the Performances to take something off some of the synth sounds or what. I am just an old piano player trying to learn how to use synths, sequencers, and loops efficiently.  I would sincerely welcome any help you could give me.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Bank Changes
Next Topic:

Voice Overrides? ››