mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES8 Control Sliders in master mode controlling zones showing ‘pickup’ behaviour"

Posted on: April 22, 2015 @ 04:08 AM
dvdlei
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-17-2009

I think this question may be valid for more than only the Motif ES series.

In master mode I’m using my control sliders to control the volume of externally connected instruments via MIDI. When selecting a master preset all zones are correctly set to the right volume settings that I want. After that I’m using the sliders to make live adjustments.

My problem:

I noticed that when moving the control slider it seems there is some type of pickup behavior where I first need to move the point of the internal value before the slider will actually start working and sending out MIDI messages. The strange thing here is that the pick up value doesn’t seem to match with the initial volume that was set, so I get an unwanted ‘jump’ in the volume when moving my slider.

Two questions:
1. What can I do wrong causing the pickup value to mismatch with the internally chosen volume?
2. Is there any way to disable this pickup behavior?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2015 @ 09:15 AM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

I have the S90ES and do the same volume controlling of an XS6.  As far as I can tell there is no way to change this behavior.  When I select a master, I immediately take my sliders the full distance so they “catch” and then adjust them roughly to where they need to be in relationship to each other before starting the song.  They are then ready to adjust should I need to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2015 @ 09:29 AM
dvdlei
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-17-2009

Thanks BeeRad. That’s the exact work around I’m using now as well. Not very nice though as some of my masters requires a fine balance between different sounds which in an ideal world I’d rather like to set beforehand.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ slave is TOO LOUD
Next Topic:

Yamaha Auto-Gate / Samples stop playing / Samples do not start ››