mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording error: Disk write error."

Posted on: April 08, 2015 @ 05:43 PM
TopCatz999
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-08-2015

I have just started using Cubase AI 7 with my brand new and glorious MOXF8 and going through the routing tutorials, tried to record whilst playing a Performance.

I keep getting the error “Recording error: Disk write error” and no recording.

I’m running a laptop with Windows 7 64-bit and a reasonably fast hard disk drive. Anyone able to shed a light?

I can’t see any results when looking for this elsewhere…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2015 @ 09:21 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi TopCatz999,

Welcome to Motifator.

Since you said you are new to Cubase, are you absolutely sure that Cubase is set to record audio to a path on the hard drive you are talking about and isn’t actually trying to record it to a slower external drive you may also have connected?

...and if it is the hard drive you are talking about, is Cubase trying to record audio to a location or folder on the drive that is read only or restricted in some way?

What happens if you change the project location?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 05:15 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

If you run Cubase as admin, it might solve this and other issues you may run in to.
I have my shortcut set to always launch Cubase as admin but can’t remember what issues it was that I had.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
TopCatz999
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-08-2015

Doh! - shows what a complete newbie I am. The default location was set to a redirected drive which wasn’t even connected.

Thanks for your help philwoodmusic - I can get on with my Motifator lessons in recording now.

TopCatz999

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 06:22 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Not a problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rode NT USB Microphone
Next Topic:

Cubase 8 VST Editor timing fixed? ››