mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "voices in performance don’t sound right"

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 04:36 PM
chensa
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-04-2004

Hi,

I’ve been an ES user for a long time so I’m pretty familiar with how to get what I want.

Having said that, I’m kind of stumped.

I have created a Performance that I want to eventually move to Song mode, but I’ve noticed that all the voices sound thin and wimpy compared to the original voice that I chose.  I tried going into JOB COPY, I’ve tried creating a new performance.  I have no idea why it’s not playing like the original voice.

I’m guessing that there maybe something in utilities that maybe affecting it....but i dunno.  :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 05:24 PM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

update.  It seems to be a problem with JUST the user voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 08:16 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Do the User Voices in question use sample waveforms stored on dimms?  We’ve occasionally seen loose or bad dimms cause peculiar behavior such as this. Perhaps you could store a Preset Voice to a User location and verify its ability to function properly in an Initialized Performance?

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 08:03 AM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

No, no samples.These are preset programs that I have re-adjusted and saved as a new voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 11:10 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chensa - 02 April 2015 04:36 PM

[...]I have created a Performance that I want to eventually move to Song mode, but I’ve noticed that all the voices sound thin and wimpy compared to the original voice that I chose. [...]

I appreciate that you’re an experienced user, but perhaps you’ve missed something that this support article covers:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/copying_voice_data_w_arpeggios_to_a_performance_or_mix_in_a_motif_es

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 01:23 PM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

I have spoken to a Yamaha rep and he is under the impression that the levels in User created programs don’t always translate well so i have to adjust levels.  Just one more thing to do that I don’t recall having to do do before.  If I can find an answer to this I will update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 01:38 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You initially posted “I’m guessing that there maybe something in utilities that maybe affecting it...”. If you want to determine if you’re right, I’d suggest that you save an “All” file of your current setup, do a factory reset, and then reload your “All” file “without System”, which won’t load Utility settings. If the situation changes, you were correct - if not, look elsewhere.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 04:41 PM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

Huh.  That seems to have been the cure!  Thanks for your insight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
chensa - 03 April 2015 04:41 PM

Huh.  That seems to have been the cure!  Thanks for your insight.

You’re welcome - glad that resolved the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
ezequif
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-25-2020
5pinDIN - 03 April 2015 01:38 PM

You initially posted “I’m guessing that there maybe something in utilities that maybe affecting it...”. If you want to determine if you’re right, I’d suggest that you save an “All” file of your current setup, do a factory reset, and then reload your “All” file “without System”, which won’t load Utility settings. If the situation changes, you were correct - if not, look elsewhere.

Newbie here. I’m having the same problem, and since this seem to be the solution, how exactly do you do that? Thank you in advance :)

[ Ignore ]