mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New here"

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 04:37 PM
Gandalf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-26-2015

Hello,

Seems there’s no dedicated area for newcomers, so a few words here since it’s usually recommended to do a short presentation.

So, hi from France, I bought a MOXF6 2 weeks ago, and currently trying to (re) build a small home studio, and more difficult, to find the time to play with such a nice toy.
I’m not new to all of this, it all began in 1985 with Steinberg’s Pro 24 on an Atari ST with a Casio CZ 101 , a Siel DK80 which was the best I could afford at this time (student), a TR 505, and a 4 tracks cassette tape recorder :)
Since then, I had a lot of gear, but also a lot of periods without doing or owning anything in the music area. But now I’ll try to have fun again, even if my playing skills are basically the same than 30 years ago, and quite basic. The most important is to have fun!
I also have a guitar (I’ll try to remove the dust) with a Pod X3 live, I sold a Juno-Di when I bought the MOXF because I could not stand anymore the plastic keyboard of the Di on top of the Yam. Some say the MOXF6 keyboard is bad, well, they never touched a Juno-Di :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 04:41 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Welcome to Motifator Gandalf

Me too with Pro 24 and an MT 32 <3

You should change your user name to DEF.SNG 1216 BLOCKS FREE :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 04:57 PM
Gandalf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-26-2015

Haha yes I remember this! In fact I knew the French importer of Steinberg bak in these times and in 1986, it was just released before the French “Salon de la Musique” and I had to demonstrate it on his stand.. well it was a quite pitiful demo because I had to discover it on stage :))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 06:09 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Welcome to the forum.  Fantastic members and a goldmine of information.  If you familiarize yourself with the Advanced Search function, there’s prob not a question you’ll have that wasn’t asked/answered before.  Have fun!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 07:39 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Welcome Gandalf. I might even have caught your demo at Salon De La Musique. I was a regular visitor during that period. I even started with Pro16!

To reiterate, though, while Motifator has no dedicated newbie area, all the forums are extremely mindful of new people coming into Motif-land and most of the support material is written in vaguely plain, well ‘English’ I’m afraid but you seem pretty comfortable with the language!

Enjoy your return journey to electronic music!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Stage keys
Next Topic:

Possibly Taboo Subject - Apologies, if so ››