mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "last minute help with splitting/transposing Motif 8"

Posted on: March 24, 2015 @ 01:50 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

Hi everybody. I’d like to apologize in advance as I know this is a newb question. I just got a Motif 8, with manual, and have not had time to figure out many of the basics yet. I have a tryout for an important local band tonight. I’ll be using the Motif, but I’m having some problems with basic functionality. This thing is unintuitive to me so far.

I do have the manual. If I read it correctly, I can only split Performance sounds and not Voice sounds. Can that really be correct? I’m trying to play Dire Straits - Walk of Life. I’ve grumbily settled on either the “Jazzy” organ sound or the “Gospel Split” one. I like the split of the Gospel, but the lower organ isn’t the right one. I’m trying to split Jazzy and just cannot figure out how. I can’t get it to show up in Performance Mode, so I can’t get it to where I can split it.

Any quick help anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated. I promise to be getting into the manual more when I get time here. Also, any recommendations for videos for MO8 newbs like me?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2015 @ 04:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djfl - 24 March 2015 01:50 PM

Hi everybody. I’d like to apologize in advance as I know this is a newb question. I just got a Motif 8, with manual, and have not had time to figure out many of the basics yet. I have a tryout for an important local band tonight. I’ll be using the Motif, but I’m having some problems with basic functionality. This thing is unintuitive to me so far.

I do have the manual. If I read it correctly, I can only split Performance sounds and not Voice sounds. Can that really be correct? I’m trying to play Dire Straits - Walk of Life. I’ve grumbily settled on either the “Jazzy” organ sound or the “Gospel Split” one. I like the split of the Gospel, but the lower organ isn’t the right one. I’m trying to split Jazzy and just cannot figure out how. I can’t get it to show up in Performance Mode, so I can’t get it to where I can split it.

Any quick help anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated. I promise to be getting into the manual more when I get time here. Also, any recommendations for videos for MO8 newbs like me?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

I just now saw your post. Unfortunately, that probably doesn’t leave a lot of time before “tonight”, depending on where in Canada you are.

There’s also the question of which keyboard you have. You’ve posted in the MO6/MO8 forum, and your member profile indicates you’re using one of those, but the subject of your post and the text in it indicate a Motif 8, although your question about videos again refers to a MO8. They’re not the same models.

It took me a while to determine, but it seems that “Jazzy” and “GosplSplit” are factory Voices found in the Motif (Classic), not the MO. Is it correct that you have a Classic Motif, not a MO?

The manner in which “GosplSplit” is split is by use of different Oscillator Waveform, Note Limit, and Pitch settings for the four Elements. It’s more typical to create splits in Performance mode.

I don’t want to go into any detail about settings without knowing specifically which model you have. Please let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6 Key is funky
Next Topic:

Can’t connect with computer ››