mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "program changes from contorller to S90XS"

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 01:51 PM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

Hopefully everyone is doing well.  I haven’t been on in a while as I pretty much am doing well w/ the S90XS.  HOWEVER, I purchased a Roland AX-1 controller recently. here is my issue:
I plug everything in, midi out of controller to in on yamaha
then turn everything on.  I send a program change from the Roland to the Yamaha everything works properly, until I try it
when the Yamaha is in Performance mode.  When I send a program change while the Yamaha is in performance mode the program changes to what I asked, say B12 but the B12 it changes to is an “initialized” program, piano only.  The yamaha doesn’t go to the B12 I created.
I can’t seem to figure out how to get to say.... what I have stored in say B12 of performance mode.  Can anyone help me out?  I love the roland, but need to be able to program patches into it to change to the proper patch in performance mode.
I would gladly pay someone to help me but can’t seem to get any help from local musicians.

Thanks in advance, Johnny Ack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 04:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are four Performance Banks, USER 1 ~ USER 4. Apparently the B12 Performance you want isn’t in the Bank that’s currently selected.

In that case, the controller has to send Bank Select and Program Number. See page 102 of the S90XS Data List, MIDI Data Table, Bank Select, for the proper MSB and LSB for each of the Performance Banks.

If you don’t have the Data List, you can download it:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/s90xs_en_dl_c0.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 04:49 PM
Johnnyack
Joined  09-28-2012

OMG your a genius!  Holy crap that totally makes sense now. Obviously I haven’t looking at which user mode I have stored performances. 
Thank you so much.  Hope I can return the favor some day.
John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 04:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

By the way, as to programming the AX-1, I came across this:
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/roland-ax-1-transmitting-bank-select-program-change-messages/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2015 @ 09:23 AM
Johnnyack
Joined  09-28-2012

Thanks again 5pinDIN

[ Ignore ]