mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi question in a 2 keyboard setup"

Posted on: March 05, 2015 @ 10:55 PM
Clevecavs
Total Posts:  18
Joined  02-18-2015

I had the chance to acquire a MOX6 in addition to my newly acquired MOX8.  Over the last 2 weeks I have learned a tremendous amount and thanks to those on this forum (Phil) have gotten pretty comfortable with my studio setup.  I am using Cubase Artist 8 and tonight tried to hook up my MOX6 and am now having trouble.  Here is the setup:

I use a second interface which is a Saffire pro 14 and use it combined with the MOX8 interface as an aggregate device.

Everything working like a charm with my MOX8 using USB and Mic, Guitar etc I use my Saffire.

I tried hooking my MOX 6 up just via midi directly to the Saffire midi in and out.  I see no specific advantage to running the 6 thru the 8 but maybe someone here will enlighten me....

I enabled those midi ports in Cubase (Pro 14) and am now running into control issues in Cubase.  For example I created 2 midi tracks.  1 using pro 14 is the in and out and the second using MOX6/8 1 as the in and out.

I ran chord pad and wanted the one track to control a particular organ using chord pad and another track to control the grand piano voice also using chord pad.

Big no go.  chord pad would only work with one track and I keep getting a crossover in signal as well as one mix changing the others voice.  I know this is just a midi routing issue bit I cannot find a good reference to solve.  I know this is a very specific issue but am hoping someone can help with the proper midi setting for each mix in this type of setup.

Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2015 @ 01:52 AM
Clevecavs
Joined  02-18-2015

I guess I should simplify the question:

If using an MOX8 and MOX6 hooked up to Cubase, what settings should I change on the keyboards to stop them from crossing up.  I have all of my inputs and outputs well defined in cubase so I know the setting issue is within the keyboards themselves.

Any experience with this out there?

Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2015 @ 02:30 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

This sounds very much like your computer is confused because you are basically running two MIDI interfaces at the same time, both of which only have one MIDI input and one MIDI output. The MOX8 and the Sapphire.

An aggregate device has no effect on MIDI routing. it doesn’t combine MIDI or anything like that.

The normal ways of using both MOX’s would be as follows:

1 - Using a multi input and output midi interface which will give you 16 channels of MIDI for each device (or MOX)

2 - Daisy chaining (THRU to IN) the MOX8 to your MOX6 and not using the Sapphire for MIDI at all.  This will give you 16 channels across both devices, so it doesn’t matter if you have 1 on MOX8 and 15 on MOX6 or 8 on each. You have to devide them as you see fit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2015 @ 03:11 AM
Clevecavs
Joined  02-18-2015

Thanks,

I’m a little confused on the hookup… If the MOX8 is the one hooked up via USB to the computer would the daisy chain go from the thru midi port on the 6 to the in port on the Mox8?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2015 @ 03:22 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

USB between computer and MOX8

MOX8 THRU to the MOX6 IN,

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arp Rec
Next Topic:

How to make Leslie start rotating sooner? ››