mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB Midi recording in logic: track sound doubling up when i pay the keys"

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 07:05 PM
tDogg
Total Posts:  54
Joined  09-05-2012

I am trying to record using logic pro on apple mac
I have my MOXF connected via usb to midi and the moxf is in song mode with patches assigned to parts 1 and 10. Part 1 has a piano patch and part 10 has a drum patch.

I Open logic and start a new project and add 2 external midi tracks, 1 and 2, each one is set to receive from YamahaMOXfF6 Channels 1 and 10 respectively.

I want to record part 1 first so select track 1 in logic which is set to receive from moxf6 midi channel 1 and also select part 1 on the moxf.

However, when i play the keys on the moxf, my piano sound doubles up so what i can hear is the same patch layered with itself. When I record the track in logic, it records correctly as a single patch but its just annoying when playing the keys and hearing the sound twice.

Is there a way to stop this happening? At the moment I have to work around the problem by selecting an unused part on my moxf e.g 16, and muting it out using the moxf mute track function, then just selecting my remaining tracks via logic. However, If there’s a better way to fix this then i’d like to know.

Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 07:39 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi tDogg

Your problem is very likely your local control being set to ON.

I’m not quite sure what your aim is.

Do you intend to record audio or record MIDI?

Anyhow, here’s the local control info.

Press the [UTILITY] button.

Press button [F6] for “MIDI”.

Press the [SF6] button for “SWITCH”.

Using the cursor buttons, select the “LocalCtrl” and press the [DEC] button to it turn off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 07:42 PM
rhuff
Total Posts:  34
Joined  04-23-2012

It’s hard to tell exactly what’s happening because you don’t mention what you are monitoring when you hear the doubling.  Most likely, you’re connecting your monitors to your MOXF and you’re hearing the local audio from the MOXF and the DAW audio coming back on your USB.  Try turning the DAW audio all the way down on your MOXF or monitoring directly on your Mac.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2015 @ 10:29 PM
tDogg
Total Posts:  54
Joined  09-05-2012
philwoodmusic - 25 February 2015 07:39 PM

Hi tDogg

Your problem is very likely your local control being set to ON.

I’m not quite sure what your aim is.

Do you intend to record audio or record MIDI?

Anyhow, here’s the local control info.

Press the [UTILITY] button.

Press button [F6] for “MIDI”.

Press the [SF6] button for “SWITCH”.

Using the cursor buttons, select the “LocalCtrl” and press the [DEC] button to it turn off.

Thanks for the help Philwoodmusic - thats worked (and I’m recording MIDI)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2015 @ 11:18 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

No worries.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ help nedded
Next Topic:

Analogue Synth sounds ››