mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A/D Input needs repair"

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 06:32 PM
njcastles
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-23-2015

The left channel of the A/D input on my Motif ES8 no longer works. I am looking for either a replacement part or a reputable service location in the Asbury Park NJ area? Thank you to anyone giving this any thought!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 06:17 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
njcastles - 23 February 2015 06:32 PM

The left channel of the A/D input on my Motif ES8 no longer works. I am looking for either a replacement part

If only it were that easy. There are numerous possible causes for the A/D Input’s left channel to be nonfunctional. The needed “replacement part” could be an op-amp integrated circuit, capacitor, resistor, A/D converter, etc., or perhaps there’s just a bad solder joint or other poor internal connection.

The A/D circuit is partly on the JK board, and partly on the DMSUB board. If you don’t know which IC, etc., is bad, would you want to replace both of those boards? That could be done, but would be a rather expensive approach to what might be a simple open circuit.

njcastles -

or a reputable service location in the Asbury Park NJ area? Thank you to anyone giving this any thought!!!!

You might consider contacting Yamaha support and asking them for one or more qualified technicians located near you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 06:30 PM
njcastles
Joined  02-23-2015

5pinDin, you are the best! Thanks for the info!! At least I know what I’m up against now, was hoping a common problem. I use the A/D alot the last few years for my bass guitar so I don’t have to lug around another amp. Now, I just plug it into the right channel but afraid that’ll go at the most inopportune time.

Yamaha didn’t have anyone listed close so I’ll keep on looking. Maybe Triple S in Belleville. Might try opening it up and looking around with an ohm meter too. Very appreciative of your help!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 06:54 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Since you’ve used the A/D Input a lot, perhaps the problem is something as simple as a bad solder joint at the left jack.

Is the input completely dead, low gain, etc.?

Since you’re considering “digging in” yourself, do you have the service manual?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 07:10 PM
njcastles
Joined  02-23-2015

Totally dead. Maybe something simple. Can you get the service manual at the yamaha site? Does it have schematics? That would be a treat! Just like the old days.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 07:25 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

http://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_motif_es6_es7_es8.pdf/download.html
Click on ”Get Manual” when it appears (which can take a few seconds, so be patient).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 07:41 PM
njcastles
Joined  02-23-2015

5pin, Again many many thanks. It downloaded just fine!! Have a great day, much success to you and all your endeavors!! Really can’t say thank you enough.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2015 @ 07:46 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
njcastles - 24 February 2015 07:41 PM

5pin, Again many many thanks. It downloaded just fine!! Have a great day, much success to you and all your endeavors!! Really can’t say thank you enough.

You’re welcome. Good luck in troubleshooting the problem.

[ Ignore ]