mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern mode sounds are layered! Help!!"

Posted on: February 18, 2015 @ 12:50 AM
jpiedrasanta
Total Posts:  16
Joined  12-05-2006

Just got a used motif 6 classic for the sake of gigging. I always use pattern mode to hook up an external midi controller and use two keyboards. My issue is that the sounds on pattern mode come out as layered. With the piano always on no matter what. How do i change this?! Or did i buy a faulty board??? Please someone help!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2015 @ 10:45 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jpiedrasanta - 18 February 2015 12:50 AM

Just got a used motif 6 classic for the sake of gigging. I always use pattern mode to hook up an external midi controller and use two keyboards. My issue is that the sounds on pattern mode come out as layered. With the piano always on no matter what. How do i change this?! Or did i buy a faulty board??? Please someone help!!

Are there any PLG boards installed?

Are you starting with initialized Patterns, or are you editing existing ones?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2015 @ 09:07 PM
jpiedrasanta
Joined  12-05-2006

Yes there is a plugin board installed. Not sure i understand the second question. But i’m just going to pattern mode and going on a fresh blank pattern. All i need is to get to different sounds without the piano always on, on each track. Hope maybe i answered the second question. 😕

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2015 @ 11:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jpiedrasanta - 18 February 2015 09:07 PM

Yes there is a plugin board installed.

A PLG board can add to the Motif sounds, but it can also complicate certain things.
See http://files.keyfax.com/download/MotifPLG.pdf

This thread should help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/392711/

jpiedrasanta -

Not sure i understand the second question. But i’m just going to pattern mode and going on a fresh blank pattern. All i need is to get to different sounds without the piano always on, on each track. Hope maybe i answered the second question. 😕

An initialized Pattern Mixing has all of its Parameters set to default values. A “blank” Pattern should have default Parameter values. If you instead start with a preexisting Pattern, it might have settings that could cause confusion.

From Pattern/Song modes, pressing [MIXING] > [JOB] > [F1] should cause initialization of the selected Pattern/Song if desired. Just make sure you’ve saved your data before initializing any of your own material.

However, the above PDF, and especially the linked thread, should resolve the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 05:24 PM
jpiedrasanta
Joined  12-05-2006

The thread helped. Got it fixed. Thanks a bunch. Highly appreciate it. You are a life saver! 👍👏👏 blessings!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 08:22 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jpiedrasanta - 19 February 2015 05:24 PM

The thread helped. Got it fixed. Thanks a bunch. Highly appreciate it. You are a life saver! 👍👏👏 blessings!

I’m glad that resolved the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Main Circuit board compatibility?
Next Topic:

Distorted output ››