mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "`80s Pop/Rock soundset for Motif XF"

Posted on: February 06, 2015 @ 04:25 PM
Bucktunes
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-12-2004

I notice on Yamaha’s MusicSoft page there are a couple of voice libraries for `80s Pop/Rock available. These are the only ones that don’t have samples available to listen to, so I found it on YouTube. They sound dead-on accurate, but they’re several years old. I’ve read that these files can corrupt and even damage older Motifs. Anyone have experience with them in the Motif XF? Is it safe to buy? Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2015 @ 04:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There’s no problem with using those libraries, and they’re available from the Motifator Shop:
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xf/80s-pop-rock-soundset-for-yamaha-motif-xs.html
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xf/80s-pop-rock-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-xs-volume-2.html

I’m sure it would be appreciated if you’d show your support of Motifator by purchasing them here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2015 @ 09:33 PM
Bucktunes
Joined  03-12-2004

I’ll certainly do that! Just wanted to make sure they were still available.  :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2015 @ 12:57 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

No sound library can corrupt or
damage the Motif. There have been
documented cases of some libraries
not loading correctly, but there is no
case of any library corrupting a Motif
or physically damaging it.

Where did you get your information
about libraries that can cripple a Motif?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2015 @ 04:15 PM
Bucktunes
Joined  03-12-2004

Dave, thanks for the reply. And sorry about me being late noticing it...Somebody on the KeyboardMag forum warned a few years ago about loading these libraries into a Motif ES. Supposedly loading it in via sysex crashed the OS. Maybe he somehow hooked it up wrong…

Anyway, thanks for the green light and the reassurance that the patches are safe. I’m looking forward to loading them into my XF7 and using them with my `80s band. Based on the YouTube demos I’ve heard, the sounds are spot on for every song, and many are useful for just general purpose comps and pads.

Any way of getting those sound demos on the Motifator site so they’re easier to hear?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2015 @ 04:45 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
Bucktunes - 17 February 2015 04:15 PM

Any way of getting those sound demos on the Motifator site so they’re easier to hear?

Click on the link 5pinDin provided?

Edit: Scratch that, no demo. Odd.

[ Ignore ]