mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vinyl Effect - How to disable in a preset?"

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 04:45 PM
espmarshall
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-14-2014

There is a preset in the MOXF6 called Vinyl EP AS1.

The front running sound and its repeat are exactly what I need to use for a song, but the Vinyl Effect kicks in on a delay and gets louder the longer the key is held.

I’ve tried going through the edit options and enabling/disabling different parameters, but I can’t seem to figure out a way to just disable the Vinyl Effect and keep the sound.

Any suggestions on what edit menu this might be Vinyl Effect might be disabled in , or is it “permanent” with the preset.

..Bryan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 05:15 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

This is Element 5 in the Voice.
1) Click on Edit.
2) Click on ‘5’ to edit Element 5.
3) Turn off Element 5 (Turntable).

After doing this, I noticed some unwanted crackling.  At least it was unpleasant to me.  Maybe you won’t mind.  It isn’t there on a single note, but is clear when playing two or more notes.  To change this:

1) Click on ‘Common’ and then ‘Effect’.
2) Switch to ‘InsA’ which is set to Compression.  The input level is set too high.  If you lower the input level, the distorted sound will be removed.  Or try a different Compression option or even a different effect.  The choice is yours.

Once you have completed this, be sure to save the sound.  You’ll probably want to rename it as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2015 @ 04:12 PM
espmarshall
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-14-2014

Thank you SSquared, that did the trick.  Still getting used to the editing screens and keep forgetting about the element editing being selected from the numbered keys on the right hand side.

I had actually changed the compression earlier as the original repeat was fairly quiet and a different compression method had balanced them out a bit.

Thanks again for your help.. much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha Synth Book
Next Topic:

Effect’s schema understanding ››