mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI Clock question"

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 05:15 AM
Andreezeez
Total Posts:  9
Joined  01-18-2015

Is there any way to get the MIDI clock sync from my DAW to automatically change the saved tempo within each voice/arp? Seems like it goes to the sequencer but not the voice/arp tempos. Whoever gets this one is my hero. Probably another simple thing that I am too much of a nube to figure out. PS: I am using Reason 7.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 10:42 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

According to the manual, the arps are always synched to the sequencer clock.

If you are using this instrument with an external sequencer,
MIDI computer, or other MIDI device, and you want to
synchronize it to that device, set the MIDI sync parameter
in the MIDI display of the Utility mode to “MIDI” or
“auto.” In this case, the Tempo parameter here indicates
“MIDI” or “auto” and cannot be changed.

Are you seeing this on all arpeggios or just particular ones?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 11:56 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

If you’re using a DAW setup you wouldn’t use the sequencer, least I don’t, guess you could.

It’s much easier to edit and manage in the DAW for me. Some people like the sequencer in the mox.

Anyway, I work in voice mode and send midi clock to the port where the mox is from the DAW software. Then you put the mox in external clock mode, forgot where that is, like utilities/midi maybe.

So whatever tempo your DAW is running that’s what the arps are running.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2015 @ 10:47 PM
Andreezeez
Joined  01-18-2015

I guess I wasn’t clear. I want to sync the voice/arp tempo to my DAW track. I am recording audio and not MIDI. I just want to send the clock to the MOX so that the voice (audio out) is synced. I figured out one workaround which is to use the External MIDI Rack extension in Reason and then record the external MIDI to the MOX and then rerecord the audio from the MOX as it plays back. However, it would be easier to just send the clock to the voice if there is a way to do it. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2015 @ 11:06 PM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011
Andreezeez - 20 January 2015 10:47 PM

I guess I wasn’t clear. I want to sync the voice/arp tempo to my DAW track. I am recording audio and not MIDI. I just want to send the clock to the MOX so that the voice (audio out) is synced. I figured out one workaround which is to use the External MIDI Rack extension in Reason and then record the external MIDI to the MOX and then rerecord the audio from the MOX as it plays back. However, it would be easier to just send the clock to the voice if there is a way to do it. Thanks.

As meatballfulton mentioned, you set the MOX MIDI Sync to external on the [UTILITY][MIDI][SYNC] page. Then you send it MIDI Clock from your DAW. It should be that simple. Or are you already doing that?

- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com
Check out the KARMA Motif Software for the MOX!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2015 @ 11:39 AM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

Possible dumb question: have you properly configured Reason to send MIDI clock over the External MIDI device?

By default, Reason accepts incoming MIDI clock but does not transmit MIDI clock. You have to tell Reason to send the clock and then indicate which External MIDI device to send it to.

Reread the Reason manual carefully about how to do this. This is the most likely source of your problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 12:18 AM
Andreezeez
Joined  01-18-2015

You must be using or thinking of an earlier Reason version. MIDI clock out is in the preferences menu. Either way, I’ll have to work on it. I want the motion synths to be synced up when I record audio from the MOX but it isn’t happening. I’ll keep trying.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 12:15 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

From the Reason manual:

1. Select the desired MIDI Port from the Output drop-down menu in the “MIDI clock sync” section on the Sync tab
in Preferences.

You should see multiple ports for the MOX. Pick either Port 1 or Main if one of those is displayed as an option but definitely not MIDI In or MIDI OUT if those are options.

2. Close the Preferences window.

3. Select “Sync -> Send MIDI Clock” from the Options menu.

If you have done that and it still does not work, contact Propellerhead.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Monitor DAW Only
Next Topic:

Routing to different audio outs ››