mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Looking for OS 1.56 (download) - SOS!"

Posted on: January 16, 2015 @ 07:25 PM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there, I’m trying to solve some issues on my motif XS and for that purpose I’m looking for 1.56 OS. Here on the Motifator site I only can find the last OS (1.6), some for the yamaha website.
Is it still possible to download the 1.56 version or could someone please send me this version of the OS? Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2015 @ 07:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 16 January 2015 07:25 PM

Hi there, I’m trying to solve some issues on my motif XS and for that purpose I’m looking for 1.56 OS. Here on the Motifator site I only can find the last OS (1.6), some for the yamaha website.
Is it still possible to download the 1.56 version or could someone please send me this version of the OS? Thanks!

What problems are you having that didn’t exist with 1.56?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2015 @ 03:23 PM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Starting up the machine sometimes doesn’t work: the XS stays ‘dead’, after 3 or 4 times, it will start properly. And when ‘on’ it never stops working. An official Yamaha service center technician never heard of this prolem but made some study of it and suggested to go (back) to OS 1.56. And check out if this problem still occurs. But with the OS 1.6 the 1.56 seems to have disappeared from the web ...  :  (

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2015 @ 05:01 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I very much doubt that the OS version has anything to do with your problem. Both my XF6 and XS6 are running the most recent versions of the OS (1.50 in the XF, 1.60 in the XS), and I’ve never experienced a start-up issue.

I don’t have a link for 1.56, but if you want to install an older version, 1.50 is available:
http://xchange.yamaha-europe.com/public/MotifXS_OS15/moxs150.zip

If by “dead” you mean absolutely no sign of life, then there’s likely to be a circuit fault, possibly in the power supply, or even just due to connectors not making good contact. However, if the LCD shows something, even if it doesn’t get past the opening screen, that could be something different.

So, just how dead is “dead”? (It seems strange to be asking about degrees of death.) If there’s any LCD activity, please describe it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2015 @ 05:32 PM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

No sign of life at all, nothing happens… Than 2 or 3 new attempts and the XS is running like everything’s just fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2015 @ 05:57 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 17 January 2015 05:32 PM

No sign of life at all, nothing happens… Than 2 or 3 new attempts and the XS is running like everything’s just fine.

This “sounds” like a possible power supply issue, and I’m not referring to the AC mains voltage. I believe you have the XS Service Manual. If so, and you have access to a voltmeter and know how to use it, I’d suggest checking first that the power switch isn’t intermittent, and then that the various power supply output voltages (+/- 12 volts, etc.) are coming up reliably each time that switch is “ON”.

If you’re not comfortable doing that type of testing, and assuming installing an older OS version makes no difference (which is what I’d anticipate), then it’s probably time for a qualified technician to have a look.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2015 @ 08:57 PM
tbone
Total Posts:  318
Joined  02-15-2009

I have a version of 1.56 unzipped as “8E54OS_.PGM” and the “v156Readme_e.txt” file in case you can’t find it and want to d/l.  It’s 256,000 KB, but I can post it to a link.  Just let me know.

http://1drv.ms/1Ccprld

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS6 Doesn’t Copy from Track to Track
Next Topic:

I ran out of bpm... :-) ››