mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Firmware Update 1.5.3 did not change User data XF7"

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 02:19 PM
JCFilho
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-03-2013

Hello everybody. Yesterday updated the firmware of my Motif XF7 for the 1.5.3 version. In Yamaha instructions says that all data on the user memories are lost with the update, need to be saved before. Only the update that I did not save anything and anything that I had in the user memory is lost, everything was as it was. What could have happened?
Checking the Motif seems to me that the firmware has been really updated. I have to update the firmware again?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 02:21 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Losing USER data in an OS update is more of a possibility than a certainty...hence the adage better safe than sorry!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 02:22 PM
JCFilho
Joined  03-03-2013

Excuse me. Fixing: Firmware 1.50.4

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 03:59 PM
Stashman
Total Posts:  79
Joined  08-24-2014
cmayhle - 06 January 2015 02:21 PM

Losing USER data in an OS update is more of a possibility than a certainty...hence the adage better safe than sorry!

Agreed! A precautionary measure at the ver least. My data remained intact as well, after the update, but I made an ALL file just in case.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 05:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
JCFilho - 06 January 2015 02:19 PM

Hello everybody. Yesterday updated the firmware of my Motif XF7 for the 1.5.3 version. In Yamaha instructions says that all data on the user memories are lost with the update, need to be saved before. Only the update that I did not save anything and anything that I had in the user memory is lost, everything was as it was. What could have happened?
Checking the Motif seems to me that the firmware has been really updated. I have to update the firmware again?

From the Readme file:
All User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater.
-- but it also says --
All User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater when you are updating from V1.30 or an earlier version.

This sort of thing is not uncommon, as Yamaha seems to use “copy and paste” without much caution.

If you updated from a version later than 1.30, then your User data wasn’t overwritten. Nevertheless, it’s always a good idea “just in case” to save a backup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 06:09 PM
Stashman
Total Posts:  79
Joined  08-24-2014
5pinDIN - 06 January 2015 05:19 PM
JCFilho - 06 January 2015 02:19 PM

From the Readme file:
All User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater.
-- but it also says --
All User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater when you are updating from V1.30 or an earlier version.

This sort of thing is not uncommon, as Yamaha seems to use “copy and paste” without much caution.

If you updated from a version later than 1.30, then your User data wasn’t overwritten. Nevertheless, it’s always a good idea “just in case”.

Nice 5PinDin, you definitely seem to always provide honest detailed answers and are an asset to this forum!
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 07:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Stashman - 06 January 2015 06:09 PM

Nice 5PinDin, you definitely seem to always provide honest detailed answers and are an asset to this forum!
Thanks

Thank you, Stashman. I strive for accuracy, as well as honesty. I don’t see an advantage in doing otherwise.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 10:12 PM
JCFilho
Joined  03-03-2013

Thank you all.
cmayhle, Stashman, 5pinDIN.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No. of Song/Pattern locations
Next Topic:

ABOUT CUBASE ››