mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF7 Keyboard issue"

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 04:22 AM
themonz31
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-06-2015

Hi,

On my XF7, the D4 key is behaving not the right way.

sometime, the sound is heavy and sometime, it is normal.

I’ve tried to change the master velocity to avoid that ==> it works…

but of course, having flat velocity is not a good solution so, what could I do, should I do, to fix this.. it only happens for this key… and it is really annoying because it makes the key sounds louder than the other…

Any idea ? any clue ? any tips to fix this ?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 12:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

There’s likely some contamination of the contacts for the D4 key that would have to be properly cleaned to restore normal operation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 12:53 PM
themonz31
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-06-2015

ok…

what are the best way to clean ?

should I remove the back of the keyboard or it could be done without opening the box ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2015 @ 02:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
themonz31 - 06 January 2015 12:53 PM

ok…

what are the best way to clean ?

should I remove the back of the keyboard or it could be done without opening the box ?

On rare occasions you can operate a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool attachment near the key, depress the key numerous times, and succeed.

Sometimes the case can be opened and a blast of “canned air” (which isn’t really air) directed at the particular key contact can help.

However, the type of contacts that are used in the FSX action keyboard found in the XF7 often can’t be sufficiently cleaned using either of those two approaches (especially if the XF7 has been subjected to cigarette smoke or the like). Even if they work, the problem often recurs.

Proper cleaning requires disassembly best done by someone experienced at it. Based on the questions you’ve asked, I would suggest that you don’t attempt the repair yourself unless you have no other option.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Simple Octave Arp?
Next Topic:

No. of Song/Pattern locations ››