mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bad sound Mo6 after test program"

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 04:32 PM
nnn224
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-04-2015

Hi guys
Bought a used Yamaha Mo6 and was very pleased with the sound.  Accidentally I downloaded from the internet service manual and I found there a program for testing mo6.

For fun, I decided to test the board.

The test involves checking all the buttons, sliders, inputs, outputs, as well as ROM and RAM etc

At the end of the test is being installed to factory settings

For all tests was obtained excellent results OK.  But after the installation of the factory settings and exit the program, I found that the sound quality was very poor.

The sound becomes distorted, lost some of harmonics . I perceive it by ear and my program for recording shows the changes of velocity and dynamics.

Re-testing, setting the factory default settings of the user’s part, as well as loading the backup data does not significantly alter the sound

How to return a beautiful sounding Yamaha mo6?? Can I do it myself? Can I return the original sound in the service center?

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? 

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 10:45 PM
nnn224
Joined  01-04-2015

This program may be started by turn on the power with the [SECTION] and the [MUTE]
button pressed and held.

But do not repeat my mistakes!

Help please!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2015 @ 06:40 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the delayed reply - I just saw your messages.

I suspect that the previous owner had changed settings to his liking, and that you found those changes desirable as well. Unless you can contact the previous owner, or they provided you with a USB flash drive with an “All” file on it (or you previously saved one yourself), there’s no way to retrieve those settings after a factory reset has been done.

One simple thing that can affect the sound of the MO when played via the keyboard is the Velocity Curve setting accessible via Utility Mode. See VelCurve on page 205 of the Owner’s Manual, and try settings other than the default “norm” - many users like the “soft” setting. If you find a setting you like, be sure to STORE it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
nnn224
Joined  01-04-2015

Many thanks for the answer!

I have my own backups in ALL files. Downloading these files in mo6 I can hear the difference, and the sound is perceived as if the speakers are now closed by covers.  Sound lost its flavor, voices sounds like from keyboards for $ 150.

The installation of the factory settings from the service part overwrites the data contained in ROM. I think that my attempts to write the factory settings have affected the quality of the data contained in ROM.

As a result of the work could be a number of shortcomings that affected the quality of the entries in the ROM. It could be the wrong values of currents and voltages, which were submitted to the board, etc.

Here is the link to the instruction, which I used, see test program
http://ge.tt/2fHyf782/v/1

I am convinced that my hardware mo6 is working properly, bad sound occurs due to errors in recording data in a ROM

I very much hope to find a way to write data in the ROM as it occurs initially before sale MO6.

I would greatly appreciate any information on this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2015 @ 08:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The link didn’t work for me, but I already have the MO6/MO8 Service Manual.

It’s extremely unlikely that running the Test Program in any way directly affected the MO operation. I’ve run the built-in diagnostic tests on Motif XS and XF models (which do similar testing) many times with no problem. The tests don’t write to memory in a way that changes basic operation. It’s more likely something was done coincidentally to running the tests that affected the sound, especially if the diagnostic test results were all “OK”.

A very simple thing that can make impact the sound is to accidentally plug output cables into the PHONES and L/MONO jacks, rather than the L/MONO and R ones.

I’d suggest that you disconnect cables going to any amplification equipment, and plug a good pair of headphones into the PHONES jack. Please let us know how the MO sounds that way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2015 @ 09:31 PM
nnn224
Joined  01-04-2015

Thank you very much, I am very glad that I have the opportunity to chat with you!
Really, I had assumed that the connecting equipment during the test can affect the results of sound mo6 after restoring the factory settings from the service part.
Your council convinced me of it finally.

I spent a number of experiments. I connected amplification equipment and headphones and set factory settings from the service part, then switched off the amplification equipment and headphones and did the same.

And I noticed a significant difference in sound quality in each of these cases
I began to use a certified usb drive, use different aс/dc adapters (the one that sold me the previous owner, the other is the same, which I bought in Yamaha-center, and another from my Yamaha Psr synthesizer.

And in each case, sound quality after installing the factory settings from the service part were different.

As a result of my experiments failed to get the sound without distortion, which has good dynamics.

Also, I tried to carry out the test by connecting an amplifier according to the scheme that you specified, - phones and left / mono and got very interesting results.

Thus, at the present time, my Yamaha MO6 sounds quite well, although sometimes I can still hear unpleasant harmonics..

But it, probably, from that that my hearing not completely adapted for new sounding.
In my opinion mo6 sounds good, but sound different from the original.

First of all special color of sound is different.

I think it may be because the amplification equipment that was connected during the installation of the factory settings is different from equipment used at the factory Yamaha.

If I was able to restore the previous sound fully, my happiness would be infinite.

I will be happy to hear still any councils from you!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ combine voice from two voice editor files
Next Topic:

MO6 Some Sounds Don’t Work ››