mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "combine voice from two voice editor files"

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 07:03 AM
sercik
Total Posts:  12
Joined  12-16-2012

My keyboard is MO6.

Hello, I’d like to create my personalized sound palette mixing voice from two or more different .w7e files.
I know is not possible to recover a single, one by one, voice from .w7e file, but only from .m7a, right?
And the voice editor cannot open more .w7e files at a time.

Maybe the only way is:
1) load file1.w7e file on my MO6 then save as file1.m7a
2) load file2.w7e file on my MO6 then save as file2.m7a
3) load file3.w7e.....................................
4) ........

This way I can convert .w7e to .m7a and then i can do a reset and then load single voices from the different file?.m7a files.

Do you think is possible? Is there some simpler way to do this? Maybe with some software?

GOODBYE

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 10:58 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You can use the Voice Editor to load individual voices into your MO, reread the manual.

If you really cannot use your computer:

1. Back up all your data to an All file.

2. Load the w7e file into the MO, this will overwrite all the User banks.

3. Back up to a All Voice file...make sure you name it so you can identify it later.

4. Reload the first All file to restore your data.

5. Load individual voices from the All Voice file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 02:29 PM
sercik
Joined  12-16-2012

Thank you, I didn’t know that voice editor can store single files.
Today before read this post I tried the method with only keyboard but I had a error that I really don’t understand. If I select to restore performance (Type performance) or voice (Type Voice) from .M7A file the MO6 reply with: “file not found”, so I can only load the entire content of .M7a file.
I also tried to select Type Voice and load one allvoice file: .W7V and I had no success: “file not found”.

I think that my MO6 have a software problem.
I’m also unable to restore performance from .M7A file, so I’m really confused now, on how to do.

BYE!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 03:14 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The MO (as well as the Classic and ES) actually use pairs of files. The manuals only refer to the main file. The second, smaller file is not seen in the file load menu but it must be present in order to successfully load.

From an ancient post by Bad Mister in another thread:

the .W7A/.W8A file pair is an ALL data file for the Motif ES (the extension for MO is .M7A/.M8A )
the .W7V/.W8V file pair is an ALL VOICE file format for both the Motif ES and MO6/8
the .W7E/.W8E file pair is a VOICE EDITOR file format for the Motif ES

Starting with the XS, there is only a single file used.

Hope this helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 03:17 PM
sercik
Joined  12-16-2012

Unfortunately this is is not the problem, I have two pairs of files, than i had created that backup from MO6 itself so everithing should work..

:(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 07:01 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
sercik - 04 January 2015 02:29 PM

Thank you, I didn’t know that voice editor can store single files.
Today before read this post I tried the method with only keyboard but I had a error that I really don’t understand. If I select to restore performance (Type performance) or voice (Type Voice) from .M7A file the MO6 reply with: “file not found”, so I can only load the entire content of .M7a file.
I also tried to select Type Voice and load one allvoice file: .W7V and I had no success: “file not found”.

I think that my MO6 have a software problem.
I’m also unable to restore performance from .M7A file, so I’m really confused now, on how to do.

BYE!

You have loaded .w7e and saved as .m7a yes?  If so:

To load a single voice:
Press File>set type to Voice>scroll to the right and highlight the file you want
Press Enter, the voices in User 1 are shown, if you want User 2 press that button and they will show
Highlight the voice you wish to load, in the left column set the destination
Press execute.

To load a Performance:
Press File>set type to performance>scroll to the right and highlight the file you want
Press Enter, the voices in User 1 are shown, if you want User 2 press that button to view them
Highlight the Performance you wish to load, in the left column set the destination.
Press execute.

When loading Performances be aware that if they contain User voices they must be loaded and properly targeted.

The MO does not have a Bank Load function, if you want to load 2 banks you will need to load 1 File as an ALL and the next file as single voices.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2015 @ 06:36 AM
sercik
Joined  12-16-2012

Sorry Sorry i din’t press enter but exec. I was confused by the message “file not found” Because i highlighted the file and press exec, so the file was selected.
Maybe the programmer of yamaha simplifyed the error messages.

SOLVED! TY

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2015 @ 09:20 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
sercik - 05 January 2015 06:36 AM

SOLVED! TY

You’re Welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sync Voice Arp to external midi clock