mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "YAMAHA at Winter NAMM 2015 / New Workstation and/or Synth ?  Are You Optimistic ?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 03, 2015 @ 12:26 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi & Happy New Year !

Winter NAMM 2015 begins on Jan. 22nd. , So are you optimistic that YAMAHA will release a new Workstation and/or new Synth ?

So far it is complete silence, and nothing has been leaked, and no buzz about anything new, and exciting from YAMAHA. Will this change on Jan. 22nd. ?

or will YAMAHA show their White Motif XF once again ;-)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2015 @ 12:49 PM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

you are months late.

Yamaha got three new synths they will release for Namm 2015

http://www.amazona.de/top-news-yamaha-synthesizer-an10-vl10-dx10/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2015 @ 10:36 PM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009

Those 3 look pretty cool! I loved the groove boxes back in the day! Korg is also releasing a real analog synthesizer: Arp Odyssey recreation.

Behringer and Nord (Clavia) are releasing something exciting as well.

Going to be an exciting NAMM!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 12:46 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Those “3 new Yamaha synths” are just
really good mockups some guy did with
a 3D graphics app and then posted over
at yamahasynth.com’s forum. They do
not actually exist.

The dude is obviously really skilled
with 3D graphics. Good enough that
he fooled a lot of people including you
guys.

Behringer’s synths are at least two years
away. That was stated by Uli Behringer hinself
in a recent interview. He’s said that Behringer
“will be” making synthesizers, the internet
once again has blown that out of proportion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 09:07 PM
kday
Joined  02-17-2004

Behringer is a waste they are trying to make a duplicate Arp synthesizer that will be released also by Korg at Namm 2015.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2015 @ 05:58 AM
Hamad
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-02-2013

So
After all these years of waiting
there is no new workstation :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2015 @ 09:32 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
Hamad - 05 January 2015 05:58 AM

So
After all these years of waiting
there is no new workstation :)

You’ll find out the week of NAMM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2015 @ 09:34 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
kday - 04 January 2015 09:07 PM

Behringer is a waste they are trying to make a duplicate Arp synthesizer that will be released also by Korg at Namm 2015.

Just to clarify - Korg’s ARP Odyssey remake is not a joint venture with Behringer.
Korg and Behringer have nothing to do with each other.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2015 @ 12:27 AM
kday
Joined  02-17-2004
DavePolich - 05 January 2015 09:34 PM
kday - 04 January 2015 09:07 PM

Just to clarify - Korg’s ARP Odyssey remake is not a joint venture with Behringer.
Korg and Behringer have nothing to do with each other.

I never said Korg and Behringer were doing anything to together.

I said Behringer is making a keyboard already done by Korg.

I’m sorry you read that wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2015 @ 02:05 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

yamaha reface. trademark june 5, 2014 Musical instruments, namely, music synthesizers and electronic keyboard instruments; parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods

yamaha montage. trademark dec 22, 2014 Musical instruments, namely, music synthesizers and electronic keyboard instruments

So… Reface & Montage might be the names of their two new Products. One could be a Synth, the other could be a Workstation.

Let’s see what happens at Winter NAMM 2015 I think something has been brewing for a long time at YAMAHA, Hopefully they will uncork them at Winter NAMM.  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2015 @ 02:17 PM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009
muziksculp - 09 January 2015 02:05 AM

yamaha reface. trademark june 5, 2014 Musical instruments, namely, music synthesizers and electronic keyboard instruments; parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods

yamaha montage. trademark dec 22, 2014 Musical instruments, namely, music synthesizers and electronic keyboard instruments

So… Reface & Montage might be the names of their two new Products. One could be a Synth, the other could be a Workstation.

Let’s see what happens at Winter NAMM 2015 I think something has been brewing for a long time at YAMAHA, Hopefully they will uncork them at Winter NAMM.  ;-)

Good find...lol

From Casio, there’s the new groovebox:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/01/casio-crosses-groove-box-dj-controller-millennium-falcon/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2015 @ 10:52 AM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013
DavePolich - 04 January 2015 12:46 AM

Those “3 new Yamaha synths” are just
really good mockups some guy did with
a 3D graphics app and then posted over
at yamahasynth.com’s forum. They do
not actually exist.

Maybe those synths don’t exist, but Yamaha should build them (at least the FM one!).

I, for so long (and I suspect that many others too), have been dreaming of a new FM synth from Yamaha. I love my V50, and if Yamaha ever releases a new FM keyboard, I’ll buy immediately. It wouldn’t need to be the state-of-the-art of synth technology, or have many bells and whistles. Simply an “up to date” and easy to make (IMHO) synthesizer with some quite simple requirements, such as:

1) 6-Op FM. the synthesis engine could have some improvements over the DX7/TX802, but there’s no need to have tons of waveforms and algorythms, or even filters (if it had, much better, obviously). But it must be compatible with DX7/TX802 patches and 4-Op TX81Z/DX11/V50 ones, though.
2) 16 part multitimbral and 128 voice poly (or, at the very least, 64). The more the better ;)
3) A decent effects section (no need to be the best available one).
4) No need to have a sequencer; maybe an arpeggiator.
5) A decent keyboard w/aftertouch, and why not? a breath controller port.
6) A digital output, or at least a good noise-free analog out. Classic FM synths are noisy!
7) Under $1,000 (better around $600-700)

I’ll keep on dreaming, it’s free! :P

PS: Or why not Yamaha finally releases the V80 from late 80s? ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2015 @ 01:21 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

So.. We are less than a week away from Winter NAMM 2015 ! 

Are you optimistic that YAMAHA will delight us with a new Synth and/or Workstation this time around ?

I have a bit of optimism building up daily, as we approach Winter NAMM. Not sure why ;-)

Hopefully the White Motif XF won’t be the main cutting edge attraction at YAMAHA’s booth.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 12:03 AM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

I’m not sure. Yes, new Motif generations have been following with a 3-4 year interval, and Motif XF has been here since Aug 2010 - not to mention that the basic AWM2 architecture is there for like 25 years, if you count the SY, W and EX series, though heavily revised with improvements in polyphony, sample memory and FX power. So at least a Motif refresh is overdue.

However after all these years I don’t really feel that Yamaha is interested in chasing a Korg Kronos type of workstation or VA synths like the Roland V-Synth.

Yamaha is a big global corporation, it makes much more than digital synths and digital pianos - they have real acoustic instruments such as pianos, guitars, drums, brass and woodwinds, as well as electronic instruments, they have professional audio and mixers, and they even have consumer electronics. Roland/Boss are a considerably smaller company focused on electronic instruments, synth keyboards, guitar pedals and digital mixers, and Korg is a much smaller company than either of them which primarily specializes on digital keyboards.

So while it is absolutely necessary for Korg to remain innovative and make top-level keyboard workstations - simply because they are thriving on the success of Korg M1/T1, Trinity/Triton and OASYS/Kronos - it’s somewhat less important for Roland, who were never able to really compete with digital workstations from Korg, E-mu/Ensoniq and Yamaha and had to rely on JV/XV synth modules during 1990s, and much much less important for Yamaha as they have plenty of other musical production products in their portfolio.

As to Yamaha’s attitudes, well, as a big corporation they now tend to put market research first and product development second. I observe this for the last 15 years - they offer very controlled amounts of innovation in each iteration of their synthesizer products. Nothing revolutionary like the DX7 or VL-1, only evolutionary, “bread and butter” products. If you don’t like it, well, the proposed solution is “vote with your dollar” - i.e. buy a synth from the competition. Yamaha will make up by selling more of their US $30,000 digital mixers or $300,000 concert grands.

That’s not to say that Motif XF or MOXF do not sound good - not at all, actually the sound quality difference of the 740MB XF soundset compared to the 21GB Kronos2 soundset is probably not readily noticeable for most people, especially those who don’t do their own programming or listen through very good quality headphones or studio monitors. And while Kronos88 costs $3600, MOXF8 is only $1800 street, so it probably outsells Motif XF8 and Kronos88 combined as 5:1.

So do I think Yamaha has a new clean-break workstation in the works? Yes, they probably do. Do I think this will be a Kronos competitor with multiple synthesis engines (DX-series 6-operator FM or FS1R formant synthesis and 8-operator FM, AN-series analog modelling, VP/VL virtual modelling)? No, I don’t. I’d believe it would still be a ROMpler, though the amount of sample memory would probably reach 12-16 GBytes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 05:00 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

Anything new and exciting so far ? 

Winter NAMM 2015 already started, what’s up with YAMAHA ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 10:47 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

Here’s the Yamaha NAMM Showcased Product pdf...just low end piono (p115, p45), E series (E343).  Pretty much staying focused in the low end…

File Attachments
YamahaNewProductsNAMM2015.pdf  (File Size: 5161KB - Downloads: 613)
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2