mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading CS6x voices into Motif ES - a converter project"

Posted on: December 27, 2014 @ 07:11 PM
JayBmusic
Total Posts:  13
Joined  07-10-2014

Hey there!

I want to present something for you that some may find obsolete but to me it was of good use when I switched from S80 to S90 ES this summer. You might know that I did a big sound set for the CS6x / S80 and I wanted to use some of these sounds in the S90 again for project I was running at that time.

Here’s what I did:
I wrote an Microsoft Excel chart that can be fed with a SysEx dump from either a CS6x / S80 or its editors in hexadecimal format. It gives out another hexadecimal SysEx dump that can directly be sent using a SysEx tool to a Motif ES / S90 ES.

I’ve recently released version 1.8 and now I can offer these features:
- conversion of almost all global and element parameters
- re-assigning of waveforms (well, about 70% are compatible) and arpeggiator presets
- re-assigning of effect settings
- recalculation of filter EG times
- 99% identical sound

Unfortunately you can only convert one sound at a time and you need to go via the SysEx way. But if you’re nostalgic like me you will enjoy this tool - or if you’re in the same situation of switching synthesizers.

More information, a download link and a demonstration video can be found here: http://www.jaybmusic.net/tools.html

Maybe you can indeed use that. :)

Regards,
- Johannes

[ Ignore ]