mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif rack es update (Midi buffer full) HELP!"

Posted on: December 26, 2014 @ 08:47 AM
mortymorph
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-05-2014

Hi, I recently bought a motif rack es. The current version is version 1.00, I’m having trouble also with the studio manager, so i thought maybe i need to update the firmware first.

Here’s my setup:

Mac - Mavericks osx 10.9.5

Logic pro x 10.0.7
Open an external instrument drag the midi file, set the destination to motif rack es port 1
Midi channel --- ALL

I downloaded the 1.03 update, as i understand the update I need to play it in a DAW, so i used the logic pro. Setup the utility (from rack es to “usb mode") then to my daw. But im always getting the midi buffer full error. Did i miss anything on my setup?

Thanks in advance!

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 7.55.49 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 09:50 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Did you read and follow all of the steps in the Readme file?

Here’s part of that Readme. Did you miss step #3 or step #4 below? ...
Procedure for updating your Motif-Rack ES
1) Before executing this version up program, close all the Windows programs.  If the computer becomes at the standby mode, it may stop outputting the data.  Set it not to move to the standby mode.

2) Connect the computer and the MOTIF-RACK ES by a USB cable.  DO NOT use any USB hubs.  Change the MIDI IN /OUT of the MOTIF-RACK ES to the USB mode, and select the OUT port of the sequence software to the USB port of the MOTIF-RACK ES. 

3) Turn on the MOTIF-RACK ES power with pressing [EXIT] + [PAGE>] + [MUTE/SEL/ENTER]

4) Play back the downloaded “firm102.MID” file by the sequence software at TEMPO 120.  Your Motif-Rack ES LCD should now appear as follows. 

###MOTIF-RACK Update###
[ UPDATER FROM MIDI]
Current Packet: **********h

The firmware update should take about 20 minutes to complete. 

5) After the data playback is completed, it begins to read in the received data.
Don’t turn off the MOTIF-RACK ES power at any stage during this update.
It takes about 1 minute to update. 

6) After checking the “Completed Reboot” message has appeared on the Motif-Rack ES LCD, turn off the power after a few seconds turn the power back on again. 

Your OS should now be updated. This concludes the update process.

There’s additional important information in the Readme, so please read all of it if you haven’t done so already.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2014 @ 05:44 AM
mortymorph
Joined  07-05-2014
5pinDIN - 29 December 2014 09:50 AM

Did you read and follow all of the steps in the Readme file?

Yes already did..

Here’s part of that Readme. Did you miss step #3 or step #4 below? ...
Procedure for updating your Motif-Rack ES
1) Before executing this version up program, close all the Windows programs.  If the computer becomes at the standby mode, it may stop outputting the data.  Set it not to move to the standby mode.

2) Connect the computer and the MOTIF-RACK ES by a USB cable.  DO NOT use any USB hubs.  Change the MIDI IN /OUT of the MOTIF-RACK ES to the USB mode, and select the OUT port of the sequence software to the USB port of the MOTIF-RACK ES. 

3) Turn on the MOTIF-RACK ES power with pressing [EXIT] + [PAGE>] + [MUTE/SEL/ENTER]

I did already all of this but im still getting the “MIDI BUFFER FULL’”

4) Play back the downloaded “firm102.MID” file by the sequence software at TEMPO 120.  Your Motif-Rack ES LCD should now appear as follows. 

###MOTIF-RACK Update###
[ UPDATER FROM MIDI]
Current Packet: **********h

The firmware update should take about 20 minutes to complete. 

5) After the data playback is completed, it begins to read in the received data.
Don’t turn off the MOTIF-RACK ES power at any stage during this update.
It takes about 1 minute to update. 

6) After checking the “Completed Reboot” message has appeared on the Motif-Rack ES LCD, turn off the power after a few seconds turn the power back on again. 

Your OS should now be updated. This concludes the update process.

There’s additional important information in the Readme, so please read all of it if you haven’t done so already.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2014 @ 05:58 AM
mortymorph
Joined  07-05-2014

Hi again, sorry for my previous reply. Yes i did read the instruction, I did already the steps from 1 - 3, but when it comes to step step 3, i keep on getting the “MIDI BUFFER FULL"…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2014 @ 07:51 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
mortymorph - 30 December 2014 05:58 AM

Hi again, sorry for my previous reply. Yes i did read the instruction, I did already the steps from 1 - 3, but when it comes to step step 3, i keep on getting the “MIDI BUFFER FULL"…

Just to make sure…
You have to press [EXIT] + [PAGE>] + [MUTE/SEL/ENTER] all at the same time while turning the power on. If you do that, the display should show Kernel 1.00, Firm 1.00, Data 1.00 (if the unit hasn’t been updated). What does your display show?

Are you saying that the “MIDI buffer full” message appears before you play back the firm103.mid file?

Sometimes there are problems when using a DAW to send the MIDI data. A simple MIDI file player often works better. Be sure to set the tempo at 120.

(By the way, the instructions incorrectly mention version 1.02 - that should be 1.03 for this update, of course.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2015 @ 07:00 AM
mortymorph
Joined  07-05-2014

Hi again! Thanks for the idea for other midi player, I downloaded the sweetmidiplayer, i did the update but there is still a problem. I open the midi and played it, set to 120bpm, but when it stops the “current packet: 00260900h” it just stop there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2015 @ 11:14 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
mortymorph - 03 January 2015 07:00 AM

Hi again! Thanks for the idea for other midi player, I downloaded the sweetmidiplayer, i did the update but there is still a problem. I open the midi and played it, set to 120bpm, but when it stops the “current packet: 00260900h” it just stop there.

That still appears to be a problem with the way the file is being transferred. I’d suggest trying another MIDI file player.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 12:39 PM
mortymorph
Joined  07-05-2014

Hi again! I figure out what is the problem, because im using a demo version of sweet midi player. It only plays 3/4 of the midi thats why its stucked on that.

Now Its ok already, but one more problem. In the studio manager, I open the voice editor and Receive all the voice library. Setup the midi deviece, then backup everything. But on the multi editor, Im having trouble receiving the multi library. Im having a “BULK TIME ERROR”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2015 @ 11:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
mortymorph - 04 January 2015 12:39 PM

Hi again! I figure out what is the problem, because im using a demo version of sweet midi player. It only plays 3/4 of the midi thats why its stucked on that.

Now Its ok already, but one more problem. In the studio manager, I open the voice editor and Receive all the voice library. Setup the midi deviece, then backup everything. But on the multi editor, Im having trouble receiving the multi library. Im having a “BULK TIME ERROR”

Do you mean a “Bulk TimeOUT Error”?

If so, such messages usually occur because the program waits a specific time for data communication to occur, and when that time passes and nothing happens, the message is displayed.

Often it happens because the ports aren’t set up correctly. See Bad_Mister’s second post in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450117/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice change instead of programme change
Next Topic:

Performance Mode volume settings ››