mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connect a Guitar to Motif XF8"

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 03:49 AM
sorout
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-19-2012

Hi. I don’t have a guitar amp but I do happen to have an electric guitar. So far I’ve been using that iPhone iRig to connect it and play it for practice and fun on my phone, but I’m not satisfied with the sound it is giving me, besides it is very impractical.

Here’s the thing; I also have a Motif XF8, Can I connect my electric guitar to Motif XF and have the sound come out of monitors connected to the XF? What’s the quality of sound like and can I insert effects in it? How do I do that? Thanks and Merry Xmas!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 09:13 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sorout - 22 December 2014 03:49 AM

[...] Here’s the thing; I also have a Motif XF8, Can I connect my electric guitar to Motif XF and have the sound come out of monitors connected to the XF? What’s the quality of sound like and can I insert effects in it? How do I do that?

Yes, you can connect your electric guitar and apply effects. If you’ve installed OS version 1.50, there are some new Guitar Effects that you might like. The quality through the XF is good, the rest will depend on your monitor speakers, room acoustics, etc.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/setting_up_a_microphone_motif_xf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 09:14 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011
sorout - 22 December 2014 03:49 AM

Hi. I don’t have a guitar amp but I do happen to have an electric guitar. So far I’ve been using that iPhone iRig to connect it and play it for practice and fun on my phone, but I’m not satisfied with the sound it is giving me, besides it is very impractical.

Here’s the thing; I also have a Motif XF8, Can I connect my electric guitar to Motif XF and have the sound come out of monitors connected to the XF? What’s the quality of sound like and can I insert effects in it? How do I do that? Thanks and Merry Xmas!!!

Hello and a Grand Merry Christmas to you as well!

Below is a click-on, and taken from the
The BadMister Blog
What has worked best for us is patching directly from a guitar or bass into the XF as described in this article for a ‘high impedance microphone’.
The most important thing to remember when doing this is to not overload the input, staying at that basic level of amplification into the XF.
The possibilities afterward are seemingly endless!  :)
---------
Ha! 5pin’s post came in while writing....
We use headphones (at a most reasonable volume) making the listening clarity incredible.
(we only hope that when others listen to our pieces, they too have a nice set of phones as well:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 12:15 AM
sorout
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-19-2012

Thanks guys! The link you sent me is helpful indeed. Is there also any in-dept guide/post specific to guitar?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 01:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Any information related to using the A/D Inputs, in posts or the Owner’s or Reference Manuals, can be applied to using an electric guitar.

Information about the OS 1.50 Guitar Effects can be found in the Supplementary Manual:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/motifxf_v150_en_nf_c0.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF sequencer issue - MPC Ren issue too if you can help
Next Topic:

FW question w/ PT ››