mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Melas Waveform Editor V1.8.0 available!"

Posted on: December 21, 2014 @ 06:45 AM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

If not yet known, I’d like to mention that John Melas released a new version of his Waveform Editor (V1.8.0) few days ago. Please take a look here for detailed information.

For those of you who haven’t been using this application yet:
Especially for MOXF synthesizers equipped with a flashboard this might be an interesting add-on, as Waveform Editor provides powerful functions on your PC which - under normal circumstances - could only be achieved before if you’re also owning a Motif XF or XS.

By saving your existing MOXF configuration (e.g. as an ALL file) to USB and importing it to this PC application, it is now possible to edit and customize the included waveforms, their keybanks and samples to your personal needs. You could even create your own new set of waveforms and implement them back to your MOXF, as it is also possible to import and manage several external sample sources. Waveform Editor will finally save your edited file back to USB in the format the Motif series will support.

The new features in version 1.8.0 (taken from John’s website):
- Importing: added support for all types of WAV / AIFF files (Float32, Float64, A-Law, Mu-Law)
- Importing: added support for WMA (Windows only) and FLAC files!
- Added WASAPI support on Windows
- Sample Editor: Added Reverse Sample and Fade-out commands
- Added support for Windows 10
- Added support for OS X Yosemite
- Minor fixes and enhancements

A very nice surprise, just before Christmas! Thank you, John!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 10:08 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

B.Minor - 21 December 2014 06:45 AM

If not yet known, I’d like to mention that John Melas released a new version of his Waveform Editor (V1.8.0) few days ago.
A very nice surprise, just before Christmas! Thank you, John!

Agree with you B.Minor, it’s a nice surprise! I have converted some library from XS that even don’t have waveforms, but a lot of user arps. So, this application is very useful and a must for all of us that have flash in MOXF.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 03:26 PM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

I have a Motif ES6 and was wondering if this will work for me?  I just got a nord electro and would like to bring a sound I sampled with my ES into it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 03:54 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
okdk - 19 January 2015 03:26 PM

I have a Motif ES6 and was wondering if this will work for me?  I just got a nord electro and would like to bring a sound I sampled with my ES into it.

John Melas does not offer any software that is compatible with Nord keyboards that I am aware of.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 05:40 PM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

The nord can accept wave files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 05:51 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
okdk - 19 January 2015 05:40 PM

That I understand, however, the Melas software is used to manipulate proprietary MOTIF (et al) files (VOICE, PERFORMANCE, SONG, PATTERN, etc.)...of which .WAV samples are merely a component.

If you simply want to work with .WAV files...for example create a .WAV audio file with your ES and import it into the Nord...you certainly do not need any Melas software to do that.

BTW, am I clear that you are inquiring about utilizing the Melas software to move files between the ES and the Nord?  I made that assumption since you jumped into a John Melas update thread, but you didn’t actually state that.

John Melas’ software won’t help you do this, as far as I am aware.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 07:20 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

okdk - 19 January 2015 03:26 PM

I’m also have ES, but no. Melas Waveform Editor is only intended for Motif XS & XF. Now you could also save XF ALL files in MOXF format and load it to MOXF with installed flash card (that’s why I have bought it). ES has a different waveform with 4 elements while XS/XF/MOXF has 8 elements waveforms, so they are compatible.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 07:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
nbadesign - 19 January 2015 07:20 PM

[...]ES has a different waveform with 4 elements while XS/XF/MOXF has 8 elements waveforms, so they are compatible.

The number of Elements doesn’t relate to composition of Waveforms.

It’s the Normal Voice structure of the ES that’s comprised of up to four Elements, while that of the XS/XF/MOXF can have up to eight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 09:00 PM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007
cmayhle - 19 January 2015 05:51 PM
okdk - 19 January 2015 05:40 PM

That I understand, however, the Melas software is used to manipulate proprietary MOTIF (etc.) files (VOICE, PERFORMANCE, SONG, PATTERN, etc.)...of which .WAV sample files are merely a component.

If you simple want to work with .WAV files...for example create a .WAV audio file with your ES and import it into the Nord...you certainly do not need any Melas software to do that.

BTW, am I clear that you are inquiring about utilizing the Melas software to move files between the ES and the Nord?  I made that assumption since you jumped into a John Melas update thread, but you didn’t actually state that.

John Melas’ software won’t help you do this, as far as I am aware.

Yes, I was wondering if I could use software to help me with moving the sampled sound to the nord.  Nord says it can only use single layered samples.  I’m assuming that will be a problem with my sound that has 2 different sounds triggered with velocity.  But I’m a newbie at all this…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 09:47 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
okdk - 19 January 2015 09:00 PM

Yes, I was wondering if I could use software to help me with moving the sampled sound to the nord.  Nord says it can only use single layered samples.  I’m assuming that will be a problem with my sound that has 2 different sounds triggered with velocity.  But I’m a newbie at all this…

You would use the Nord Sample Editor to perform this task, and the result may or may not be satisfactory. But it would be a great exercise in learning the machine.

More than likely you may find greater assistance at the NordUser forum where they are well equipped to answer questions related to Nord products. There’s a nice group of people there with an extensive knowledge base of their products. At this point your Motif is simply a playback device.

Stone

[ Ignore ]