mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi loops"

Posted on: December 10, 2014 @ 11:43 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hey everyone.....not sure there are many views to this forum, but I’m looking for midi guitar licks that I can use to create user arpeggios.  For anyone who has the Axxe voice library, there are some great ARPS in that package.  I wondering if anyone has found some useful midi loops or libraries that you’ve convert to user Arps.  Any links or leads appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2014 @ 02:32 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

It shouldn’t come as a shock to hear me recommend the Twiddly.Bits libraries, as I think we’ve corresponded before on the forums!

You probably already know the Rock Solid Strums collection, which is already in Arpeggio format but that took as its source several guitar loops from Twid libraries.

You may discover, as did we when creating that library, that some items really just DO work better than others and that there’s not a huge amount of science to be deduced as to exactly why. It’s just trial and error.

We didn’t particularly explore the Jazz Brass Guitar & Solo Instruments library so that might be worth looking at for source material if you’re in roll-your-own mood.

We took some, but not a huge amount from Electric & Acoustic Guitar, a collection that features Steve Hackett, who (incidentally!) I met up with again two days ago on his West Coast US tour! Steve’s playing was, and remains, flawless and viewers may be further interested to hear that Steve is also an excellent banjo player and that he created all of the banjo parts on that Twid library.

[ Ignore ]