mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "KARMA Motif Software adds support for S70/S90 XS"

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 12:26 AM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

karma-motif-v32-450.jpg

(click for full-size screenshot)

November 24, 2014 - Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software Version 3.2, a major update that adds support for the Yamaha S70 XS and S90 XS. A free update for any current owners, version 3.2 adds the following new features and improvements:

- supports 6 Yamaha instruments: Adds the S70/S90 XS to Motif XF, XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack XS
- supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.10 Yosemite, Universal
- continues to support Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit
- new “Auto-Fill” feature - automatically trigger a fill with each scene change
- new keyboard shortcuts for Scene Advance (Next, Previous, Startup)
- new menu command and keyboard shortcut for Clear Solos
- updated and revised Tutorials and Help File
- other new features, enhancements, and improvements

KARMA Motif brings developer Stephen Kay’s award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha synthesizers in a Mac/PC software package, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities.

The software includes the ability to use each keyboard’s DAW Remote Mode to control all of KARMA’s functions directly from the keyboard, while KARMA sends parameter information and values directly to the keyboard’s display (on supported models). This allows you to control KARMA from the keyboard without looking at the computer, and makes it feel like the KARMA software is built-in to the keyboard. Shown below is the Remote Mode functionality for the new S70/S90 XS support:

kmo-remote-mode-s90xs-450.jpg

Remote Mode S70/S90 XS - click for full-size

KARMA Motif uses the keyboard’s Song/Multi/Mixing mode, where each of the included KARMA Performances is a complete, 16 part multi-track six-module KARMA algorithmic music groove, with a left hand and right hand zone for controlling KARMA and soloing on top of it, and eight fully voiced and completely different scenes. The keyboard’s arps are also additionally integrated in each Performance as additional elements that can be added via KARMA’s Intelligent Chord Trigger Transposition features. And since you are already in Song/Multi Mode, you’re just one step away from recording your KARMA-fied musical performances into the internal sequencer (on models with one) - or you can route the output to any DAW for external sequencing. Furthermore, a KARMA Performance can call up any Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, or Master slot when loading, so that KARMA can be used in any of the supported model’s modes.

KARMA Motif is available directly from Karma-Lab for US $199. A 13 minute Video Introduction on the Motif XF is available demonstrating many of KARMA’s interactive performance capabilities, which operate the same on all supported models. More information, including links to documentation, tutorials and user forums, can be found at karma-lab.com/karma-motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2014 @ 12:39 AM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

holidaysale2014-kmo-450.jpg

Just thought I’d update this thread with the info that the Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale is on, now thru January 1, 2015! For owners of these six supported Yamaha synthesizer models* (including the S70/S90 XS) that specifically means:

KARMA Motif Software - regular $199 - now $149.25 (save $49.75)

* supported models:
Motif XF (6, 7, 8)
Motif XS (6, 7, 8)
MOXF (6, 8)
MOX (6, 8)
Motif Rack-XS
S70 XS/S90 XS (new!)

Complete details (and how to use a coupon code to get the discount): Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale

Recently I got these comments from an S90 XS owner:

“hassle-free activation, then the monster slams, it’s madness, the S90XS is unrecognizable, playing keyboard 4 hour non-stop, it’s magnificent… I point out, that for an intuitive designer like me, this software is a dream that comes true… I think it will be nothing to be able to completely create sounds that have never been created… Yes, I like, it’s a wonderful tool, your creations are amazing ....”

Original thread here.

Best regards,
- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Selling my S90 - mint condition :-)
Next Topic:

Editing hold time with sustain pedal ››