mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New member new instrument"

Posted on: November 25, 2014 @ 08:54 PM
maltesefalcon
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-15-2014

This is my first post.
Let me tell you a little about myself.
Im 60 year old male living in the Great White North near Niagara Falls Canada.

Im still a bit new to piano so my playing skills are definitely a work in progress.
Had a P95 for two years. Just upgraded to MOXF8 last week. Maybe too soon but at least I wont outgrow this any time soon.

Bit of a steep learning curve and feeling a little overwhelmed. Im sure this site will be a Godsend. Will try to scan through the faqs before I jump in.

Hope to talk to you soon!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2014 @ 11:04 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi ( nice handle / classic movie)!

Welcome to the forums and hope you and your MOXF are settling down well. Always best, if you can, to do a bit of initial research yourself here (articles, videos, posts etc) and then once you know what you need to know but can’t figure out, ask away! We produce a MOXF video but this focuses on new features from the MOX so if you’d like some solid, basic instruction it’s best look at that one first.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2014 @ 11:16 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

welcome.
congratulations on your MOXF.
have fun with it.
make music. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 01:22 AM
maltesefalcon
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-15-2014

I have been playing some of the voices and performances. Very cool!

Only disappoinment so far is the way the so called manuals are shipped.
An $1800 investment and I get CD full of pdf files?

Ive saved them all plus the manual downloads from the Yamaha site. Its about 600 pages total. Im bringing the files to a local printer and they’ll print them up and spiral bind them for me. Cost about $50. Should be a lot easier to get into the workings after that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 06:58 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

If you have your MOXF hooked up to your computer or at least close to it, you may find the PDFs easier to use.

I’ve found that one rarely find all the info in one manual so now I always open both of them straight away.

Have fun

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 09:25 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
maltesefalcon - 26 November 2014 01:22 AM

I have been playing some of the voices and performances. Very cool!

Welcome to the forum.

If you’re like most of us, you’ll find yourself playing and then wondering where the time went.

maltesefalcon -

Only disappoinment so far is the way the so called manuals are shipped.
An $1800 investment and I get CD full of pdf files?

While the Owner’s Manual has an index and a table of contents, the Reference Manual has only a table of contents. That can make manually searching the Reference Manual time consuming and possibly frustrating.

However, both PDF manuals incorporate page links within the documents. That feature is especially helpful with the Reference Manual - see Using the Reference Manual on page 2. Still, having an index for the Reference Manual would have been nice.

maltesefalcon -

Ive saved them all plus the manual downloads from the Yamaha site. Its about 600 pages total. Im bringing the files to a local printer and they’ll print them up and spiral bind them for me. Cost about $50. Should be a lot easier to get into the workings after that.

Printed copies can be useful, but it’s often easier to find things in an interactive electronic version. Having the manuals in both forms might be convenient, although I find page linking and being searchable makes the PDFs desirable.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No sound in or out on Cubase -
Next Topic:

Firmware and Geeks ;) ››