mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "song variation"

Posted on: November 22, 2014 @ 10:09 PM
GJForster
Total Posts:  18
Joined  10-21-2010

Be grateful for any advice.

I’d like to’record’ a ‘song’ within the motif XS facility. I’d like to use standard XS performances /arpeggios.

BUT....what I’d really like to do is be able to use more than one standard arpeggio within a single XS record song mode. As an example I’d like to start recording a song in my Xs with say a 16 bar fast tempo (123 bpm) standard arpeggio and then switch to a slower (80 bpm) standard arpeggio and so on. ...

Is there any way of doing this within the XS song record mode or the pattern record mode?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Gerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 12:35 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
GJForster - 22 November 2014 10:09 PM

[...]BUT....what I’d really like to do is be able to use more than one standard arpeggio within a single XS record song mode. As an example I’d like to start recording a song in my Xs with say a 16 bar fast tempo (123 bpm) standard arpeggio and then switch to a slower (80 bpm) standard arpeggio and so on. ...

Is there any way of doing this within the XS song record mode or the pattern record mode? [...]

Yes, that can be done using either Song or Pattern Mode. I’ve found Pattern Mode easier for my own purposes. I record one or more Sections at a selected Tempo, then change the Tempo and record additional Sections. Then I create a Pattern Chain (see page 214 of the XS Owner’s Manual). Next I Insert Tempo Changes as desired (page 216). I do other editing (if needed), and when I’m satisfied with the result, I convert the Pattern Chain to Song (page 215).

This support article covers the topic in more detail and gives alternative methods:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_xf_tempo_change

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2014 @ 02:55 AM
GJForster
Total Posts:  18
Joined  10-21-2010

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a go.

Just wondering if within the pattern chain is it possible to alternate completely different arpeggios as well as tempo? For example record a pattern of say a Jazz arpeggio, then a section/pattern of say Classical, and then add a rock section/pattern?

I’ll have a “play” with your suggestion.

Many thanks again
Gerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2014 @ 08:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The Arp can be switched as desired.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Music Production with Motif - a new video
Next Topic: