mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I Didn’t back up before updating to OS 1.5"

Posted on: October 30, 2014 @ 09:08 PM
daBASSics
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-08-2014

I purchased a used XF8. It was at version 1.2

I updat5ed to v1.5 thinking voices, demos etc would remain in flash.

All I get now is the concert grand piano.

Am I missing something to reload?

Is there someplace I can download what the XF8 originally came with (that is all it had originally anyway.)

Thank you,
daBASSics

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2014 @ 09:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

There’s no need to download anything. Press [UTILITY], then [JOB]. Make sure there’s a check mark in the “All” box. Don’t put a check in the Power On Auto Factory Set box unless you want the XF to go back to factory settings every time it’s turned on, which would remove any edits you had made.

Details are in the Motif XF6/7/8 Owner’s Manual, on page 18. If you don’t have that manual, a PDF copy can be downloaded here:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/result.php?div_code=emi&model=MOTIF+XF

I’d suggest getting the Reference Manual and Data List at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2014 @ 10:39 PM
daBASSics
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-08-2014

Thank you! I thought that might be the case 9i tried it and it worked ... much appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2014 @ 11:11 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
daBASSics - 30 October 2014 10:39 PM

Thank you! I thought that might be the case 9i tried it and it worked ... much appreciated!

You’re welcome.

By the way, does your XF have a flash module installed? If you’re not sure, press [UTILITY], then [F6](Flash) to check. If FL1 exists, check for FL2 also. If you have at least one module, you can take advantage of free sample libraries from Yamaha, or purchase sample libraries from the Motifator Shop.

[ Ignore ]