mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Compatibility with Motif XF keyboard"

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 05:12 AM
Reynolds230
Total Posts:  36
Joined  01-14-2013

I am travelling to Australia for a gig but did not want to bring my MOXF6 along with me. In Australia, I can rent a Motif XF keyboard to play on for the gig. my question is - can I bring along my flash board with my own waves and sounds on USB from my MOXF to load on the Motif XF and will that be 100% compatible so that I can play straight away once voices, performances and Master are loaded in XF.
Thanks to advise if anyone has tried this so I am sure I am not making a huge mistake.
Reynolds

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 06:43 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

My understanding is:  You cannot do this.  While a MOXF with the latest OS updates can address XF files, an XF machine cannot address MOXF files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 08:21 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Reynolds230 - 27 October 2014 05:12 AM

[...]can I bring along my flash board with my own waves and sounds on USB from my MOXF to load on the Motif XF and will that be 100% compatible so that I can play straight away once voices, performances and Master are loaded in XF.[...]

I agree with cmayhle. Neither the data on the flash module nor MOXF files on a USB drive can be used with a Motif XF.

You could try to arrange usage of a MOXF - Google “Australia backline equipment rental” (without the quotation marks), and contact the companies the search reveals. Don’t depend on the online listings of available gear, because backline providers sometimes don’t update those lists frequently enough, and/or will get gear that’s specifically requested.

Best of luck on your gig.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2014 @ 02:41 PM
Reynolds230
Joined  01-14-2013

Many thanks to both Cmayle and 5pindin. I was about to make a silly plan.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2014 @ 04:58 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi you can use the waveform Editor of John Mêlas to done the job.
Since the last update, it allow you to open a MoXf file witch contain samples/waveforms, and save a Motif XF File.

Check my tutorials about this on my site (use the google translator tool in the banner to navigate in English) :

http://moessieurs.com/170_waveform_editor_xf.html

The John Melas website to buy the Waveform Editor

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/wave.php

With the waveform editor you can manage voices, samples and arpeggios for your MoXF.

Hope it’s help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2014 @ 08:18 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
papaphoenix - 28 October 2014 04:58 AM

Hi you can use the waveform Editor of John Mêlas to done the job.
Since the last update, it allow you to open a MoXf file witch contain samples/waveforms, and save a Motif XF File.

I was hesitant to mention the Melas software for a few reasons. They may or may not be issues for Reynolds230

1) There are 100 additional Arps in the MOXF that aren’t found in the XF. It’s perhaps unlikely that one of those was used, but not impossible.

2) The XF provided in Australia has to have a sufficiently large flash module installed to accommodate Reynolds230‘s data. Even if large enough, if there’s already content in the flash and the remaining capacity isn’t enough, Reynolds230 might have to delete the contents before loading his own.

3) It’s my understanding that due to incompatibility between the MOXF and XF sequencers, the Melas software can’t convert Song/Pattern Mixings from one to the other. If the MOXF has Mixings set up for use in live play, or other sequencer usage, that could be a problem.

4) Due to the XF’s factory User Voice Bank 1 content being in the MOXF’s Preset Bank 9, and the different number of User banks, I’m concerned that the bank location of Voices would be changed when the file is converted.

If I’m correct about the above, it would seem that could be a lot to deal with under the pressure of doing a gig. Since I don’t have the Melas software, please correct me if my concerns are unfounded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2014 @ 11:37 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi, all that you point is possible.

1) The best way is to know if Reynolds230 use arpeggios, if no, it’s not a problem. If yes it’s a problem. So Reynolds230 are you using preset arpeggios ?

2) Reynolds230 ask if he can bring he’s flash memory, yes he can, the only thing i’m not sure is if the XF file done with the waveform editor even load in aFL1 without sample, will recognize perfeclty the waveforms.
If no, he need to format (or delete all) flash and load the complete all XF file with waveforms.

3) The best thing is to know if Reynolds230 use song/pattern or not, if not no problem, if yes he need to save them in midi file and also have the total librarian, it can manage mixing file (so he need to have a laptop with him and total lib on the lapto) it can be long if he have lot of song’s to load midi files, but it will work. If he work like me only with mixing, the total lib is enought for this part. Reynolds230 do you use song/pattern ?

4) Yes on this point it can be a long problem, and if he have user voices in user1 on the MoXF and use PRE9 also, there is a hard way to manage voices even with total lib, and rework also mixing files.

The best way will be to find a MOXF to rent in Australia, if no, it’s possible to done the job with the waveform editor and the total lib but it can be also a lot of work to done.
If he can work at home before to go in Australia with a friend who can let him a XF to test, prepare and manage he’s file, it can help him.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 12:50 PM
Reynolds230
Joined  01-14-2013

Thanks again for your valuable help. I have the Melas editor and a laptop. I thought that bringing my flash memory and installing it in the XF, then load the voices from my library will do the job. I do use 3 mixing setups but I can always reprogramme these on the XF.  I am starting thinking of bringing my MOXF. As I can’t find this model on rental in Aussie.

I have to make up my mind unless as suggest I get a XF and test it at home.

Thanks again. Really appreciate.  Reynolds

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 05:58 PM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi, get a XF at home to make test and prework is the better way i think.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Missing article?
Next Topic:

Buying... ››