mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Live Setup - Volume settings for Song Instruments"

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 07:01 PM
chris_s
Total Posts:  26
Joined  10-15-2011

I’ve been experimenting with connecting a second keyboard into my XF (using Midi) and using it to play a second voice. I have (16) voices set up in a number of “songs”. I can choose which instrument/voice that I want on the second keyboard by selecting the appropriate midi channel. I can control the volume of the parts using the sliders on the XF for parts 1 - 8. Is there a way that I can control the volume of parts 9 - 16?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 08:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The VOLUME 1 - VOLUME 8 sliders will control 9 - 16 when you press any of the numbered buttons 9 - 16.

Of course, once you do that the XF’s keyboard will play that numbered Part. If that’s not the Part you want the XF to play, once you make the volume adjustment, press the numbered button of the Part you do want the XF to play.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 08:15 PM
chris_s
Total Posts:  26
Joined  10-15-2011

Thanks for the speedy answer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 08:37 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
chris_s - 24 October 2014 08:15 PM

Thanks for the speedy answer.

You’re welcome.

By the way, there’s another method. You could just press [MIXING], use the cursor keys to highlight the slider on the screen display for the Part you want to adjust, and then you can use the Data Dial. This might seem more roundabout, but it has the advantage of not having to remember, for example, that Part 11 is controlled by the VOLUME 3 slider - you just highlight Part 11’s slider on the display. Of course, it isn’t that hard to subtract 8 from 9 ~ 16  :-) .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 09:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’ve always thought that the Volume slider numbering could stand an improvement. See the attached - I’ve only shown the first two sliders renumbered, but of course all would be done similarly.

Image Attachments
XF Sliders renumbered.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif and hermode tuning
Next Topic:

VST editor ››