mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance - Drums play on every key press"

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 06:48 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I have tried a couple times to create a Performance from scratch, adding keys, guitar, bass and drums Parts. When I get to putting in Drums and attaching an Arp, things go wrong. The Drum Part plays the Arp, but it also plays random drum sounds as I play the Bass part in lower register. I keep comparing the Performance design to an existing Performance that works correctly, trying to figure out what’s different and don’t “see” anything.

If I play the Bass notes at a lesser Velocity, the random drums don’t sound, which suggests it’s something in the Velocity settings, but there must be more to it then just that. Messed with direct/thru/original, etc., but I suspect it has something to do with the Note Limits (Hi/Lo) or Split or some-such in relation to the trigger range. I’m hoping someone can explain this to me in terms that I can grasp and apply in the future. It’s frustrating to have to go back to and adapt an existing Performance and come away understanding nothing in the grander scheme.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 07:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I can’t be certain, but I suspect that besides Note Limit (for which Parts and Arps have separate settings), Accent Velocity Threshold is probably a factor in what you’re experiencing.

I found a thread dealing with all of this. It’s about the XF, but should mostly apply to the MOX. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/464291/

See pages 14, 28-29, 58, and 83 of the MOX Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 08:35 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
muscarella - 20 October 2014 06:48 PM

I have tried a couple times to create a Performance from scratch, adding keys, guitar, bass and drums Parts. When I get to putting in Drums and attaching an Arp, things go wrong. The Drum Part plays the Arp, but it also plays random drum sounds as I play the Bass part in lower register. I keep comparing the Performance design to an existing Performance that works correctly, trying to figure out what’s different and don’t “see” anything....

Check the setting for ArpPlyOnly (Arpeggio Play Only) (page 65 of the MOX Reference Manual) for the Drum PART.

For the Drum PART, you want to set it to “ON”.  Then, only the drum keys played by the arpeggiator will sound...not your finger presses.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 09:15 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Thanks so much. I’m sure the solution is somewhere in your responses. I will also review the Reference Manual at the page numbers you suggest.

I must say, some of the abbreviations are kind of cryptic. I need to commit them and their functions to memory somehow.

I might really get some use out of the Accent Velocity feature, but am terrified of diddling with those mysterious functions! Same with Direct/Thru and it’s numerous combinations.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ User Voice Elements Song/Mixing Mode
Next Topic:

Muted Tracks during Song Editing ››