mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Some Keys on Keyboard doesn’t have sound"

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 09:05 AM
Nicha
Total Posts:  27
Joined  12-11-2008

Hi anyone

Since today I started to have a mestirious problem, and I’m in need of urgent help.

I have a motif XS7 since 2011 and everything went Ok until now. Some keys does not produce any sound. My actual OS sys is 1.6.

I’ve already made a reset factory without success, and now Im trying to reinstall the firmware 1.6 just to try anything to see if it works. In that process I’ve discovered that motif does not execute fase 2 of 2 from updating firmware, since the OS is the same.

Can anyone help me please with some solution to solve my problem?

My best regards

Nicha
Lisbon - Portugal

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 09:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Which keys?
All Voices, Performances, etc., or just certain ones?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 11:30 AM
Nicha
Joined  12-11-2008

Hi,

Thank you for your answer

I’ve noted the C# and the G’s mostly.

Can you help please?

P.s Can you tell me wich is the latest firmware (OS Update) for motif XS7, and where can I get it?

Thank’s in advance
Nicha
Lisbon - Portugal

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 11:58 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Nicha - 17 October 2014 11:30 AM

I’ve noted the C# and the G’s mostly.

Which C# and G keys? All of them? Octave numbers might help.

Does this happen with all Voices, Performances, etc?

Nicha -

Can you help please?

Perhaps, but please answer my questions.

Nicha -

P.s Can you tell me wich is the latest firmware (OS Update) for motif XS7, and where can I get it?

The one you have, v1.60, is the most recent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 12:53 PM
Nicha
Joined  12-11-2008

Hi,

As you asked I’ve already checked. All C#’s and G’s, in all octaves, doesn’t play any sound. It happens in Voice and perform modes as well. I ckeched too, that those key’s in performance mode doesn’t trigger the arpegios also when “ARPEGGIO” is set to ON.

In Drum voices that happen’s too. Those notes on keyboard fails to sound.

I’m worried. Have a gig next week.

I’ve already re installed the firmware 1.60.

Please help me to find whats happening.

Most apreciated, and greatfull for your knowledge.

Best regards

Nicha

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2014 @ 03:29 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Nicha - 17 October 2014 12:53 PM

As you asked I’ve already checked. All C#’s and G’s, in all octaves, doesn’t play any sound.[...]

The C#’s and G’s share two key contact lines. If all of those keys are dead, it’s likely there’s either a bad connection between the MKH-D board and the EMKS-FD board, or a failure of the processing of one of the two related lines on the EMKS-FD board.

Those boards are mounted to the keyboard assembly, and significant disassembly is required to service them. Unless you have very good mechanical and electronic skills, the XS should be seen by a competent, experienced technician.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 05:35 AM
Nicha
Joined  12-11-2008

Hi,

Many thanks to you for your precious info.

I gess I have to roll out all my live performances until problem is solved.

Thank you very mutch.

Nicha

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 07:05 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome. Good luck in getting the your XS fixed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2014 @ 06:01 AM
someclevername
Total Posts:  16
Joined  11-06-2011

This happened to me a few years ago.  I took it to my local yamaha guy.  He just cleaned the contact boards and everything was grand.  Apparently something sticky (like coke) was spilled on the board at some point.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2014 @ 12:49 PM
Nicha
Joined  12-11-2008

Hi

The problem is already solved. For now a clean process of the contact rubber as solved. But the thecnic guy from my dealer requasted some boards to be replaced as well.

Thank’s to you all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2015 @ 07:20 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

5pin,
I also have intermittent problems (although seems to happen more often) ALL the C and F# keys don’t make sounds when played both in Voice and Performance mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2015 @ 09:39 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

He’s already written you what you need to know...if the factory reset does not fix it, it’s off to the repair shop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2015 @ 10:58 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jimbowal - 14 January 2015 07:20 AM

5pin,
I also have intermittent problems (although seems to happen more often) ALL the C and F# keys don’t make sounds when played both in Voice and Performance mode.

The problem is similar to what I described previously - C’s and F#’s also share two key contact lines. If you have an XS6 or XS7, the same boards are involved. If it’s an XS8, the MK SUB and GHD EBUS L boards are where all key contact lines wind up. The problem tends to be more frequently related to connection or contamination issues than failure of parts.

Unfortunately, unless you’re skilled at this type of repair, “it’s off to the repair shop” as meatballfulton said.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 08:47 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

5pin,
Thanks for the reply - I got the XS apart in accordance with the service manual and removed all the keys etc from the keyboard assembly.
Did find some gunk on both the MK61L and MKH-D boards so I’ll have to get some PCB cleaner (or iso rubbing alcohol?) and hopefully that will work…
Amazing what bits were in the case and I’ll also give the keys a clean too!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2015 @ 10:20 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jimbowal - 15 January 2015 08:47 AM

5pin,
Thanks for the reply - I got the XS apart in accordance with the service manual and removed all the keys etc from the keyboard assembly.
Did find some gunk on both the MK61L and MKH-D boards so I’ll have to get some PCB cleaner (or iso rubbing alcohol?) and hopefully that will work…
Amazing what bits were in the case and I’ll also give the keys a clean too!

While you’re at it, reseat related connectors - sometimes all it takes is some slight corrosion on a pin to cause problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Command for rewinding click-track
Next Topic:

"Hole in the middle" Zones ››