mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Inserting and/or deleting partial measures in Song Mode"

Posted on: October 13, 2014 @ 03:33 PM
Jeff R 50
Total Posts:  159
Joined  01-11-2014

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to insert or delete a partial (half) measure into a recorded track in the Song Mode.  Obviously, this can be easily done with the Job function with whole measures but due to a screw-up I made using a 16 beat drum pattern with a standard drum pattern, I need to make up some time in the track so that the fills and timing are corrected, etc.  Please don’t ask why or how I did this, I’m an idiot : ( When I delete or add a whole measure, I am always 2 beats off either way in the timing of the song.  I’ve been looking through the reference manual but cannot find anything on this particular issue.  Any ideas out there?  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2014 @ 03:56 PM
djudson
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-01-2013

Hi Jeff -

See thread 470498.  I had the same issue and got some great advice to solve the issue.  Let me know if you can’t figure it out. 

David

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2014 @ 04:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djudson - 14 October 2014 03:56 PM

[...]See thread 470498.[...]

Just to make it a little easier, click here.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2014 @ 06:21 PM
Jeff R 50
Joined  01-11-2014

Thank you both for the info and link to the earlier thread.  I will play around with my recorded drum pattern in the chain mode as you suggested and see if I can fix my blunder.  I will get back to you if I still have problems.  Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2014 @ 12:44 PM
Jeff R 50
Joined  01-11-2014

David and 5Pin, just letting you know I figured out another way to correct this timing issue.  I just turned off the Arp hold function when I recorded the arp drum patterns and just held down a key on the keyboard to keep the patterns playing then I simply lifted my finger off, switched the SF button the the next desired arp pattern while counting exactly 2 beats and pressed a key down to start up the arp again.  It actually worked pretty good because the timing conflict occurs at the end of each chorus so this gives a sort of “dramatic pause” feel to the change into the verses.  Whatever works right?  I appreciate your suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2014 @ 12:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jeff R 50 - 15 October 2014 12:44 PM

[...]Whatever works right? [...]

Yes - there are often more ways than one to accomplish something, and frequently no “right” or “wrong” method. Thanks for posting your approach to it.

[ Ignore ]