mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90xs outputs"

Posted on: September 29, 2014 @ 01:52 AM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi!

I have a gig coming up with a singer.

I want to run her microphone through the s90xs and then have both the piano and her voice go to my two powered speakers - no problem!

But, is there a way to have her voice go to a separate monitor as well?
Can the assignable outputs be used in any way to accomplish that?

I need her voice and the piano L&R;to my speakers and also her voice to a separate monitor. (And no, I do not want to bring my mixer....)

Kind regards from Sweden!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 08:21 PM
pdiddy
Total Posts:  40
Joined  11-07-2003

The mic (A/D Input) can be directed to the assignable outs by pressing the Utility button, then Voice > Input > A/D Out > Output Select = asL&R;. But, then it won’t be going to the main outs! Can you route the singer to the monitor first and then line out from the monitor to your mic A/D input?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2014 @ 01:53 AM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

I have never used the assignable outputs, but assuming you can map the mic to the asL&R;as described by pdiddy, what about this?

As the mic is presumably mono, the L and R channels of asL&R;will be carrying the same signal. Route one channel to the main speakers, and one to the monitor?

Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2014 @ 02:16 AM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Thanks for your advise!

pdiddy - good idea but I don’t have line out on my monitor.

S70xs_user - your idea is not bad but then I’ll end up with the singers voice in only one of the main speakers. (unless i get a Y-shaped cable)

I think I’ll just use the L & R for both piano and voice and for her monitoring I’ll use the headphone-output, I guess she won’t mind hearing both herself and the piano.

Kind regards from Sweden!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can pitch bend be applied to aftertouch?
Next Topic:

Best resource for S90-XS instruction ››