mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where do you rename a Song on XF8???"

Posted on: September 27, 2014 @ 04:17 PM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

I have been accepting the default behavior on the XF8 to simply assign a new song a number slot without a name for a while now but recently decided to delve into actually finding the location where you can name/rename a song.

So far no luck though. I’ve gone through the RM but maybe overlooking the obvious.

I go into Song -> Job --> Song

and have the following options:

1. Copy Song
2. Split Song to Pattern
3. Clear Song

but no where within the Job section for the Song can I find where to actually name it. So where is it located? The 1st 6 or so slots that come with pre-loaded songs all having names so I cannot imagine I don’t have the capability to name my own songs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2014 @ 04:51 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

From a previous post by Bad_Mister Here:

You can NAME a SONG as follows:
Press [SONG] to view the main SONG screen
Move the cursor to the RIGHT [>] to the 20 character space to the right of the SONG’s number
Press [SF6] CHAR to view the INPUT CHARACTER screen
Name the SONG
Press [ENTER] to set the name
Press [STORE] to store the sequence and mix to the SONG location

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

And VOILA!!!

Thanks! That was so simple it is ashamed that I even asked the question. :-)

I searched the forum prior to the post but that post by BadMister didn’t come back in any of my searches. But then again, searching in this forum is an art as well. ;-)

Much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2014 @ 08:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

By the way, it’s a lot easier to name things, etc., if you use a USB ASCII keyboard plugged into the TO DEVICE port.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 01:29 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hey 5pin...lol I did check out your post on page 40 in the reference manual.  Have you ever used a keyboard for character input?  Is it basically plug and type?  No other setup required? 

If I can dig out a usb keyboard, I might go on a renaming spree since many names are short due to the cumbersome process without a keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 09:05 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 28 September 2014 01:29 AM

Hey 5pin...lol I did check out your post on page 40 in the reference manual.  Have you ever used a keyboard for character input?  Is it basically plug and type?  No other setup required?

Thanks for mentioning the Reference Manual, although I do believe the info is on page 41. Yes, I use the ASCII keyboard frequently. Indeed, just “plug and type”.

richie1027 -

If I can dig out a usb keyboard, I might go on a renaming spree since many names are short due to the cumbersome process without a keyboard.

Agreed, character entry otherwise isn’t fun (though for a while I got pretty good at pushing buttons and spinning the Data Wheel  :-) ). In addition to naming, it makes things like entering SysEx strings a lot faster, besides other functionality.
See this thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Best Speaker for Motif XF6
Next Topic:

Brass Ensemble for Motif Yamaha ››