mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can pitch bend be applied to aftertouch?"

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 11:26 AM
Mike777
Total Posts:  95
Joined  08-27-2008

On S90xs, can I press a key down hard and have it’s pitch bend up/down, as if using pitch wheel?  Is that possible?  How would I set that on a voice? Where do I set aftertouch parameters? thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 10:15 PM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

It is possible; but it’s not very easy to control, because almost any playing on the keyboard causes the pitch to bend slightly. But if you want to try it, it’s done in the Control Set. I’m using the S90XS Editor to show this (see image):

Unfortunately, when using “coarse tune” as a destination, +16 = 1 octave. It doesn’t go by semitones, so getting something like +2 semitones requires actually using two control set assignments, and setting the second one to “fine tune” - with both of these, you can conceivably tune the bend to any interval you want. The settings pictured seem to sound close to a +2 semitones bend.

- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com
Check out the KARMA Motif Software - coming soon for S70/S90 XS!

Image Attachments
atbend.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 10:51 PM
Mike777
Total Posts:  95
Joined  08-27-2008
Stephen Kay - 23 September 2014 10:15 PM

It is possible; but it’s not very easy to control, because almost any playing on the keyboard causes the pitch to bend slightly. But if you want to try it, it’s done in the Control Set. I’m using the S90XS Editor to show this (see image):

Unfortunately, when using “coarse tune” as a destination, +16 = 1 octave. It doesn’t go by semitones, so getting something like +2 semitones requires actually using two control set assignments, and setting the second one to “fine tune” - with both of these, you can conceivably tune the bend to any interval you want. The settings pictured seem to sound close to a +2 semitones bend.

- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com
Check out the KARMA Motif Software - coming soon for S70/S90 XS!

thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Studio Manager
Next Topic:

S90xs outputs ››