mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase"

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 01:07 PM
bigbaby987
Total Posts:  59
Joined  03-05-2004

I’m using Cubase 7.5 and the XF Extension which pre configures the XF to Cubase.  This is great, but every time I play the sequencer it plays every note of every track on every track.  So all keyboard notes are played on the drums, and so forth.  I’ve double checked all midi channels.  I’ve done all I know to do.  I’ve also tried to record the audio from the FW outputs to Cubase and nothing.  I configured all of the outputs to each individual bus, and still nothing.  This is extremely frustrating.  Any help would be extremely appreciated.  I"m really under the gun with time on this board.  I needed to be up and running last week.

Thank you very much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 01:36 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

no expert here. will try to help anyway. take anything I say with the knowledge that I could be wrong. also, I’ve never used Cubase, nor FW.
ok,for the first problem:
sounds like a routing, signal path, MIDI channel assignment pathway deal.
I would check my channels, again. one at a time. do the STORE function.
after you STORE, check again, and confirm that it STORED how you want it.
as for FW, I have read about it a bit in the manuals.
there are settings that you maybe have to make.
look in the index of the reference manual. maybe the owners manual too.
my experience with the XF8, is that it is not a gizmo that you master over night. it does a lot of things. I fumble my way along, figuring out how and/or if, to make it do things I want to do.
also google search can be helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 01:48 PM
bigbaby987
Joined  03-05-2004

Thanks Chas… I’m going through every word of the manual, and online.  I’m really stumped.  It seems that Cubase is condensing the midi into each channel.  So channel one plays all midi, and so does every other channel.  I’ve double checked the channels and the input and output are both on “MAIN”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 04:12 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

well......trying to be logical about this......
what about the signal routing in Cubase?
do you need to carefully examine, one at a time, the channel inputs and ouputs for all of your tracks and the Master or 2 buss?
is there a routing matrix or grid, that can show the routing for everything in 1 window?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 04:30 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Are you recording the XF sequencer playback into Cubase?  It’s not 100% clear from your first post.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 04:48 PM
bigbaby987
Joined  03-05-2004

Yes.  I’m trying to record the Motif sequencer into Cubase.  It’s doubling notes and sustains are being held all over the place.  Not to mention that all parts are playing in all independent channels.  So, tracks 1-8 are all playing in track 1, and all in 2 and so on respectively. 

Chas-I’ve double checked and I have examined all possibilities that I know of.  I downloaded the trial of 7.5 to see if it is right for me, but I’m really about to go back to Logic.  I really like the integration, or supposed integration of the XF and Cubase. 

I just feel I may turn out with better results in Logic at this point.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 06:23 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

You may have seen this already in the Support Area of Motifator called Bad Mister’s Blog.

Also,
Make sure you got everything you need, HERE.
Everything works better if everything is current up to date.

Let us know if that helped.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Plans for a XF successor?
Next Topic:

Scenes ››