mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording performance to song"

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 08:22 AM
cajo
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-07-2013

I was wondering how I can record a performance with all arps and effects. The performance I am trying to record is Traunzeit USR1:105(G09). Part 3 just does not sound the same after I record the performance to song. What do I need to do in order to have all effects and arps recorded?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 12:39 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
cajo - 19 September 2014 08:22 AM

I was wondering how I can record a performance with all arps and effects. The performance I am trying to record is Traunzeit USR1:105(G09). Part 3 just does not sound the same after I record the performance to song. What do I need to do in order to have all effects and arps recorded?

You may find This YouTube Video helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 06:34 PM
cajo
Joined  11-07-2013
cmayhle - 19 September 2014 12:39 PM
cajo - 19 September 2014 08:22 AM

You may find This YouTube Video helpful.

Thank you, but as I mentioned, part 3 is not the same when I play the recorded song. The pad voice that I can here when playing the original performance is no longer there and other voices do not behave the same. It appears to me that the effects are not transferred across.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 01:17 AM
cajo
Joined  11-07-2013

I found my answers in the following thread.
Direct Performance Recording!… a disaster!
There is no easy way to accomplish “performance to song recording” and have 100% of what you played recorded. In fact, it appears impossible (at least for the performance in question). I can live with that. I would really need a step by step guide to accomplish what Bad Mister suggested in the thread above given my very limited MIDI experience. I don’t expect that from anybody.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 07:01 AM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

@purcell:

MOXF_BRAIN.jpg

@cajo: Did you already have a look at this workaround?
RECORDING MIDI Data Generated by an ARP with KEY MODE = “SORT + DIRECT”.

Of course, the never-ending barrater purcell was NOT the first one reporting this. “Sort & Direct” as an arpeggio key mode was introduced 2003 with the Motif ES. See this thread from 2005: Arp recording. ;)

All the best, :)

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 10:28 AM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

dumb.jpg

[ Ignore ]