mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Switching voices in real time performance using computer keyboard?"

Posted on: September 18, 2014 @ 12:28 PM
AndrewG
Total Posts:  30
Joined  10-12-2008

Hello,

I have Motif S90ES connected to Cubase LE (actually S90ES is attached to an additional keyboard; I play both keyboards simultaneously in a single rig).

I need to send into this rig some special MIDI sequences, which I know beforehand, in a performance session. Ideally - by pressing specially prepared computer keys. For example, pressing “V” or “F” would send a MIDI sequence for choosing a Violin or Flute patch in channel 1. I know exactly what sequence I need for every such key.

Now the question: Can I program such keys in Cubase?

In a programming environment this would be implemented as a macro command.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 03:29 AM
AndrewG
Joined  10-12-2008

Anybody?

Maybe a more advanced Cubase version supports definition of macros, which are callable in a performance session by pressing computer keyboard keys?
I cannot believe so advanced DAW does not support a real-time performance of more than one voice.

All I need is a mechanism for operative switching of voices during performance, without stopping the performance session for the re-assignment of voices which I play simultaneously on 2 keyboards.

Ok, if this is impossible for on-board voices of my rig, is it possible for VST instruments?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 06:00 AM
polke
Total Posts:  80
Joined  08-28-2002

You can use the “remote” function to steer Cubase.
On your keyboard you can then select the track you want to solo, mute,…on the numeric buttons at the right bottom hand side.
This is also valid for VST-tracks (sound is not coming from Motif, but from VST’s in Cubase).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 06:46 AM
polke
Total Posts:  80
Joined  08-28-2002

Sorry, I supposed that you have a Motif available.
But if you do not have a Motif and you are alone with Cubase, you cannot switch easily through the instruments. There is a lot of automation possible (changing the mix, EQ,…) by programming, but I did not find anything to switch to another track (instrument), unless to select the tracks with the mouse or scrolling up and down with the arrow keys on the computer-keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 10:11 AM
AndrewG
Joined  10-12-2008

Thanks Polke,

Actually, I asked a similar question in another forum (Cockos Reaper) and got a link to the exciting Bome’s MIDI translator, which I study now. I think this link can be useful in other real-time MIDI modification problems discussed in this forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AKAI MPK 249 to Cubase 7.5 connection
Next Topic:

Which windows ? ››