mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "recording patterns to linear song"

Posted on: September 18, 2014 @ 03:41 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Hi all. I know I can record my patterns to a linear song structure but can I record my patterns and use track/select mute, filter and eq effects in realtime and have that data recorded when laying down patterns as a song? I have decided to ditch the computer for recording. I can’t see the point in setting up extra peripheral equipment and stuffing around with midi bank and program data and transporting midi files to and from computer to keyboard when it is so easy to record just using the moxf.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2014 @ 12:11 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Patterns are ‘chained’ together into a linear Song plus you can set up Scenes with all manner of mute and solo settings. Real-time parameter changes such as filter movements and effects processing need to be recorded in with the Pattern or Song data itself. So, yes, you can everything you need but not - and wouldn’t advise trying to even if you could - all at the same time. Chain your Patterns together into your basic Song format. Then go crazy with overdubbing realtime sound changes, which you can always ‘undo’ in the event that such ever need to be re-done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 11:55 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thanks for this advice. Ummm...is there any videos out there you know of that explain how to set up scenes for muting/soloing or do I need to refer to the manual which I do find a slower process for learning personally?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 12:35 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
min3008 - 19 September 2014 11:55 PM

Thanks for this advice. Ummm...is there any videos out there you know of that explain how to set up scenes for muting/soloing or do I need to refer to the manual which I do find a slower process for learning personally?

No video that I know of, but Here is an article that may help with the concepts and some specifics...some, because it is written for the XS/XF...but the MOXF is set up essentially the same way.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Newbie Questions
Next Topic:

MOXF 6/8 FLASH LOADING A SINGLE VOICE From USB ››