mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting up Cubase 5 and MOTIF XF8 for live work"

Posted on: September 16, 2014 @ 09:41 AM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

Hi everyone,

I have a MOTIF XF8, Apple MacBook and Cubase 5. Love the integration that the VST MOTIF interface provides. It’s easy to set up a bunch of midi tracks/patches and make beautiful music quickly using the mixer buffer memory on the MOTIF.

I am planning to do live shows with a guitarist/vocalist and want to use the MOTIF XF8 and if I have to, my laptop. The MOTIF’s sequencer has only 1Mb of memory which doesn’t seem to be enough to hold MIDI sequences for 8-10 songs for each bracket, so…

Here’s what I’m hoping to do:

- Put together the sequence in Cubase and the VST MOTIF interface/mixer buffer memory, then record the audio from the MOTIF back into the Cubase song file for each song as a stereo audio file.

- Put a MIDI bank select/program change event in each Cubase song file that transmits the correct Performance patch for that song to the MOTIF.

- Before each set, I make sure the MOTIF is in performance mode, open up all the Cubase files for the songs we are going to perform next. Prior to starting to play each song, I select the correct Cubase file and hit Play. Cubase sends the MIDI event to select the Performance Patch for the song, the audio file for the backings starts to play and away we go…

Is this doable? If so, any information about the best way to go about it would greatly appreciated.

Comments? Alternatives? I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ From Motif Classic/ES to XF
Next Topic:

Performance to Pattern wacky happenings ››