mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF glitching"

Posted on: September 13, 2014 @ 11:59 AM
Nighting
Total Posts:  33
Joined  06-16-2012

Hi. On power up this morning I noticed the catogory search function does not work. It came up for a split second then reverts back to the Voice or Performance main page. I did a factory reset and turned the xf off for a while. Now when in either performance or voice mode it auto-cycles through the voices or performances making my xf totaly unusable. Anyone know what’s going on and how I can fix this? Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2014 @ 01:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The first thing I’d suggest is to disconnect pedals, MIDI, USB, if any are connected, and see if that resolves the situation.

If the problem persists, is the humidity very high? Under certain conditions, condensation can form and cause conductive paths that will lead to erratic operation. A “rest” in an air conditioned space can help in that case.

If neither of the above affects the problem, then it may be time for a competent technician to have a look.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2014 @ 11:23 AM
Nighting
Total Posts:  33
Joined  06-16-2012

tyvm 5pin. I did all of the above, except the technician
bit with no positive results. but then I just followed on a hunch and when booting held down the Utility button (something I saw on youtube) And it’s working perfect. Now I don’t know if it’s working because of the action I conducted or something else. Anyway just wanted to report back to say my xf is working beautiful again. cheers. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2014 @ 05:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I can’t argue with success.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mixing setup for live use article question
Next Topic:

New Motif User and some questions :) ››