mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack XS and Cubase 7.5"

Posted on: September 08, 2014 @ 06:34 AM
kcmark
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-08-2014

I’m having a problem getting our Motif-Rack XS with Cubase 7.5 working properly. I’m the IT tech at a school and know less than nothing about audio so I’m diagnosing blind.

Sound only works on channel 1 and the Editor fails to come online.

Installed Software:
Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver v3.1.3.1
Yamaha Motif-Rack XS Editor Standalone/VST v1.6.3

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2014 @ 05:40 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

kcmark - 08 September 2014 06:34 AM

I’m having a problem getting our Motif-Rack XS with Cubase 7.5 working properly. I’m the IT tech at a school and know less than nothing about audio so I’m diagnosing blind.

Installed Software:

Regarding what drivers and software you have installed, you have Windows based computer. Since you are using USB cable, you could only transmit MIDI to/from Cubase. You should also have some audio interface in order to record audio in Cubase. Internal sound card could be used only after installing ASIO4ALL driver (it’s free from http://www.asio4all.com), but with less capability than external audio interface that support ASIO.
You should give more information about your configuration in order to help you.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 03:12 AM
kcmark
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-08-2014
nbadesign - 09 September 2014 05:40 PM

kcmark - 08 September 2014 06:34 AM

Installed Software:

Regarding what drivers and software you have installed, you have Windows based computer. Since you are using USB cable, you could only transmit MIDI to/from Cubase. You should also have some audio interface in order to record audio in Cubase. Internal sound card could be used only after installing ASIO4ALL driver (it’s free from http://www.asio4all.com), but with less capability than external audio interface that support ASIO.
You should give more information about your configuration in order to help you.

Alex

Like I said, I know very little about audio tech so if I gave more info, I wouldn’t know what I was talking about.

I did fix it yesterday after reinstalling the USB-MIDI driver and removing the FW drivers that someone had installed.

It’s working perfectly now.

[ Ignore ]