mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can the XF libraries be uploaded to work on the ES?"

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 01:54 PM
Raised-on-Elton
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-15-2014

I just purchased my first “near mint” Motif ES7. I know there’s a lot to learn, but I’m really digging it so far.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to play the XF, and I fell in love with the Indian raga performance patches and voice sounds. I especially want that harmonium I heard in the XF. (Perhaps that sound is already in the ES, and I just haven’t discovered it yet.)

MY QUESTION IS: Would I be able to purchase the XF data and upload it (via USB or Smart Media card) to work on my ES?

Thanks for any replies!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 02:05 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Generally speaking, no. Most everything is backwards compatible but not forward. That said, many Voice libraries and Pattern libraries have been made in both ES and XS/XF format, but these are specific versions of the item that have made or converted for each particular model. Just to be clear, you can’t load an XS/XF format version of anything into an ES.

Not sure if the sound you particularly liked on the XS is also on the ES. You’ll probably have to look at the data list manual and see if that waveform and/or voices related to it/them, are on both models.

If the sound is an XS/XF addition, then, theoretically, you could sample the sound from an XS/XF into your ES. BUT… this will be a multi tasked operation and probably not something that I’d recommend embarking on unless you are an experienced sound designer.

Check out ES Voice and Pattern libraries here in the shop though. There’s tons and tons of content available.

Welcome and hope you’re having fun already.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 04:29 PM
Raised-on-Elton
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-15-2014

Thanks, Mr.Motif!
Got it. Understood… I had a feeling that would be the answer.

I do have a bundle of extra sound library disks I purchased with my ES, which I have not even begun to scratch the surface of (it’s gonna take me a LONG time to sort through them). But I’ll also check out the other ones through this site.

See ya round the forum, I guess…

[ Ignore ]