mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Note - On Event trigger .wav audio in Midi File"

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 09:44 PM
audiomatrix2006
Total Posts:  62
Joined  12-18-2007

Motifator Forum: 

I have a MIDI file of Money by Pink Floyd that I loaded into my Motif XF 6.

I am sure all of you have heard “Money” by Pink Floyd especially the cash register audio sample that first introduces the song. 
Using audacity an audio editor I was able to delete the rest of the money song and save the 7 to 8 second cash register sample that is at the begining of the song.  I exported that cash register sample as .wav file in audacity and I was able to load and import the .wav sample into the Motif XF6.

Objective: I would like to load the cash register sample .wav file to play in the midi file at the begining of the money song.

I followed Bad Mister’s Expertise by loading the .wav or aiff directly to a PART in a PATTERN or SONG.
PLease see Below:

Go to [SONG]/[PATTERN] mode
Select an empty track
Press [FILE]
Select TYPE = WAV or AIFF
Highlight the file
Move the cursor down and target the PART of the empty track
Press [F2] LOAD
This will load the sample and create a USER SAMPLE VOICE within the SONG or PATTERN (local to that Song or Pattern - your sample will only be available in the Song or Pattern you load it to, and it will save when you save the ALL SONG or ALL PATTERN file type.)

In either method you will need to manually create a MIDI Note-On event to trigger playback of the sample.
How do you create a MIDI Note- On Event to trigger the playback of the cash register sample to initiate at the begining of the money ALL SONG file?

Thank you so much for your time
Audiomatrix 2006

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help...Is my flash board corrupted?
Next Topic:

Yamaha Sequencer Iphone-Midi Cable Question ››