mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading MO6 perf patches into MOTIF ES 7"

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 03:21 PM
Jawn Star
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-14-2010

(A) I have created custom performance patches on my MO6. I have a gig this Saturday and the backline is providing a MOTIF ES 7.
I am trying to figure out if my MO6 performance patches will work if I load them into a MOTIF ES 7 keyboard via usb flash drive. It is an .m7a file.

(B) Alternately I also have the perf patches on my MOTIF RACK ES. I attempted to to bulk dump them into studio manager that I may send a file to the backline guy and have him pre-load my patches into the MOTIF ES 7 (OR MOTIF RACK ES) on that end. I cannot get the voice editor to receive bulk info from the RACK ES after repeated attempts. This seems like the better option over all, but I have hit a brick wall re: getting the info from RACK ES to COMPUTER.

So with deadline looming.... using the MO6 patches on the flash drive [as in (A) above] seems like the more efficient route to take. If I could locate a MOTIF ES 7 locally I could just try it, but cannot get a hold of one.

help mr. wizard!

THX in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 12:38 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Welcome to the forums.

The ES cannot read .M7A files as the ES predates the MO. The only files created on the MO that can be read by the ES are .W7E (voice only) and .W7P (pattern). These could be iffy as well, due to potential differences in the data structure. Consideration should be given to finding a flash drive that the ES would communicate with.

Details on you computer system would be needed for help in that regard. You may wish to take the ES Rack with you. Unless you can hunt down an ES to prepare your data on.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Create continuous data issue
Next Topic:

Surely the MO8 sounds better than this?? ››